Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Discrimination question

IDXMonster

Well, we’ll just have our normal conversation Ted, just you and me🤣 Keep in mind, the factory Coins pattern is set from a variety of coins around the world. If you bought an Explorer in Syria, the pattern would be the same. So if you are ONLY looking for Indians and above, then you in the USA would adjust that pattern to your needs. Theres no earthly reason to have any more than the upper right quadrant open. If you’re going to start looking for gold coins and nickels...WAY different story. If ANYONE disputes this notion, I need them to make a VIDEO of a high conductor hitting anywhere else.

Ted S

I am glad you popped in Kevin. I did go in and put the discrimination back to factory settings. I have about 5 hours under my belt with the 10x12 sef coil. Nothing earth shattering to report. and handful of modern clad and two very deep wheat cents. Both wheats were a couple of inches deeper than my Whites TRX probe. Sensitivity was 25 manual. That worked ok with little chattering. If I went much higher,it got noisy. Iron mask on at 22. I also ran in smart screen and conductive sounds. Thanks for your reply!

Coinboy007

Right now I am at the beach in Florida with the etrac (darn equinox shaft would not fit in my suitcase :mad:) and I’m running it with only iron disced out since I’m looking for jewelry. (27 FE line). In Iowa in the Parks I use a much tighter pattern that IDXmonster gave me, accepting only high conductors. In the older parks (usually 1930s and before) I open up the pattern a bit to accept nickels and Indians. If I’m on a private permission I disc out only Iron since I want to find the relics too. I don’t know how those settings transfer to an explorer but I assume they will work well since both machines run on fbs.

Colour

If looking for silver, yes. In fact, you can leave everything factory except maybe the threshold and that's all you'll ever need for everything other than gold.

MikeO

Staff member
Nope. Never have never will.

BigTony

The normal settings will not get you large coins, ie: halves or silver dollars never mind about multiple coins stuck together!
Advance settings is your go to option after you really learn the sounds.
Get a copy of And Sabich book on Etrac/Explorer it’s worth it! Programs inside and explanations are very helpful.
Tony

Reactions: BW

BigTony

Hi Tony! I just saw your reply...I have Andy's book.:)
Ted, I also suggest you test both screens, numbers then switch over to digital screen. Get a better idea of where stuff falls.
I would also test gold rings in both screens, don’t forget to notch out the bottom far right on display screen to eliminate bottle caps
Tony