Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Discrimination vs. Kruzer depth

confite

Any detector, more discrimination, less, depth
zero discrimination, greater depth
Makro Kruzer, discrimination number 15, shallower
but when using number 16 discrimination, restart same sensitivity and depth, as zero discrimination
Sorry for my language, I am Spanish and use a translator

CS what page in the manual please?

Thomas

Yes, I tried it
other detectors, racer 1 and 2, and teknetics t2, they also do it, teknetics y racer 1 in higher numbers

Page 16 in Manual. See NOTE.

Discrimination (DISC.)
Disc. is the ability of the device to ignore all metals below a certain Target ID. In the DISC.
process, the filtered ID range is shown with lines on the ID scale and every 2 consecutive IDs
are represented with 1 line. For example, if you set the Disc. to 30, 15 lines will be shown
between the 0-30 ID range on the scale and the device will not produce an audio response
for any metals with IDs between 0-30.
DISC. setting is disabled for GEN mode only. For all other modes, the factory default value
will be displayed on screen at start up.
In order to change the DISC. value, select the DISC. option from the SETTINGS and decrease
or increase the value using the plus (+) or minus (-) buttons. Please remember that certain
targets, other than the ones you want to ignore, may also be missed or their signals may
become weaker when using the DISC. setting.
In the case of receiving multiple IDs for the same target - let's say 35 and 55 - due to the orientation
of the target or the composition of the metal itself, if you set the DISC. to 40, because
35 will fall in the filtered range, the signal strength as well as the depth may diminish.

NOTE: DISC. setting works inversely proportional to depth up to level 15 in all modes. In
other words, as the DISC. is increased up to 15, stability will increase but depth will be
reduced and vice versa. Above 15 though, both depth and noise will increase.

Interesting. Thanks for quoting the manual coin-star. Does noise increase substantially past 15 ? Any videos on youtube with a demo on this ?

I went out for an hour this morning and ran discrimination at 16 on some soccer fields after posting the manual. Unfortunately, I forgot to turn my headphones off yesterday and they were dead. Using speaker, I didn't notice any difference other than some clipped Iron noise. I don't have enough time on this detector yet to say with any certainty that it makes a depth difference.

-CS