Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Display screen

garyw

Is the display screen supposed to girate from one icon to another when you are moving the coil from side to side? I must have a lot of junk in my yard because I think I have seen all of the icons in a few minutes with my machine even when I turned the gain down to 2 or 3.

It's possible - if you have a lot of mixed targets close together in your ground the display will change quickly as the coil passes over them. If you have the same thing in an area you know to be clean, then you may have a problem.
BB

Gary you can't use a 300 coil in trash. It's too big. You get multiple targets under the coil at one time. The MXT doesn't average readings. Each time the coil passes over a target it gives a new reading. I've never had to run my gain lower than the preset which is around 9.5. Your biggest problem is probably your coil. What did you use before the MXT? Rob