Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

DIV XVII (Diggin in Virginia) finds

Bill Ladd

I finally put together a display of my finds from the 3-day Civil War relic hunt in Brandy Station, VA. I got mostly bullets, but that was fine with us as many were Confederate, and we have no chance of diggin Civil War stuff here in New England & we hunted parts of the battle field. The Battle of Brandy Station was the biggest Calvary battle of the Civil War. We had a blast & I shot over 2 hours of film. Once I go through it all I'll put something on YouTube. Probably my best finds are at the top. A calvary sword hand guard & a musket breech plug. I used a few different detectors, the 1270, T2, & F75 LTD. Tons of folks asked why I used the 1270. I have used the 1270 since DIV-5 & I know how to keep it under control in that red clay. You need to re-balance alot, but it hits hard on bullets & I can tell the tone of a bullet vs. a nail. With the rare solid eliptical coil it runs well for me, until I can try a G2 there........
HH,
Bill

Thanks, Bill, congrats on the finds. I will be joining the others looking forward to your video. You and your videos help keep me going when I am frozen in during the winters.

Don
HH

Nice finds. It was a pleasure meeting you at the DIV. It took me a while to figure out that hot soil. I would get good high tones for bullets in one field and then just a few feet away in another field the bullets would read iron. That was my fist DIV and I had a ball. Can't wait to go back. I will be looking forward to your video.