Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Diving the high ground.

nugget

Howdy all, took a trip up into the mountains around Brisbane with a mate last week. We were looking for and found a series of waterfalls and swimming holes. The water was so clean, and extremely cold, on submerging I got an immediate headache from it. Saw some rare and endangered crayfish, large eels and other fresh water life. I had major drama with the hire gear, the tank kept falling through the BCD and landing on my legs. The buckle on the tension strap was flawed. The dive shop were great giving me a full refund. The day was'nt a total waste of time as I ended up with a .925 silver star of David necklace pendant, at a depth of 3m, and an old pre decimal 1958 florin in really great condition, considering it has been at the bottom of a waterfall for at least 40 odd years. The Infinium does a great job diving.

Diving the out-of-the-way places almost insures that you will find some really good loot.

Here in Arkansas, USA we have the Buffalo River National Park and after every major holiday the depths are replenished with everything from case--upon-case of beer, watches, billfolds, soggy cameras--anything you can stick in a canoe.

The water is super cold and the way is remote making diving a real pain. Many of the holes are 8-10 meters--cold water on top and mind-numbing cold the deeper you go. But...what FUN! <><

aj

Hi AJ, I'm going to the Gold Coast tomorrow to dive an old lagoon. It's in an area with a lot of families frequenting, and only looks about 2m deep. If I get the low tide I might be able to do it on foot. Thanks for the reply to the post. HH, regards Nugget.:detecting:

nugget said:
Howdy all, took a trip up into the mountains around Brisbane with a mate last week. We were looking for and found a series of waterfalls and swimming holes. The water was so clean, and extremely cold, on submerging I got an immediate headache from it. Saw some rare and endangered crayfish, large eels and other fresh water life. I had major drama with the hire gear, the tank kept falling through the BCD and landing on my legs. The buckle on the tension strap was flawed. The dive shop were great giving me a full refund. The day was'nt a total waste of time as I ended up with a .925 silver star of David necklace pendant, at a depth of 3m, and an old pre decimal 1958 florin in really great condition, considering it has been at the bottom of a waterfall for at least 40 odd years. The Infinium does a great job diving.

Gidday Nugget. Sounds like a great place to dive. I'll be checking out a few fresh water swim holes come summertime. I reckon there would be a lot of fishing lures and jewelry lost too. Tried one swim hole with the hookah last summer, and come up with lures, from about 6ft water depth.
Golden