Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Do any of you all own both a legend and equinox?

no this is what I am going by from Mine Labs site

EQUINOX 600 Tech Specs​

Detect Modes

Park | Beach | Field

Custom Search Profiles

6 (2 per Detect Mode)

User Profile Button

No

Operating Frequencies (kHz)

Multi, 5, 10, 15
And you are correct. The only thing that isn’t mentioned is the 4khz that was added later on.
So we can conclude on the 600 we have multi-frequency, AND single frequencies of 4khz, 5khz, 10khz and 15khz.

Attachments

• 822A9C24-849B-4056-95D5-272FAA3BD22E.jpeg
    822A9C24-849B-4056-95D5-272FAA3BD22E.jpeg
    199.8 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
If so how do they compare? I have a nox but want to try a legend. The build quality seems better to me. And I want to dunk one and not worry about it. Lol
I sincerely apologize to you sir for “driving off course” on your post. I am finished here. I hope you sincerely receive the information you need to make an informed decision.

I decided to keep my equinox. I got a simplex now to go along with my nox.

I sincerely apologize to you sir for “driving off course” on your post. I am finished here. I hope you sincerely receive the information you need to make an informed decision.
I got the info. And then minelab released new detectors.

And you are correct. The only thing that isn’t mentioned is the 4khz that was added later on.
So we can conclude on the 600 we have multi-frequency, AND single frequencies of 4khz, 5khz, 10khz and 15khz.The Equinox 600 in multi frequency modes, runs the exact same frequency range as the 800. That includes 20khz & 40khz. This was confirmed to me by Steve H, that runs the detector prospector sight, & he literally wrote the best book, on the equinox 600-800, & Minelab employees confirmed this also , that I spoke with before buying my Equinox.

As others have stated Capability wise there is not much difference between the Nox 800 and the Legend, the huge difference between the two is the build quality on the Legend is way better then the Nox 800

I do not personally own a Nox 800 but I do detect with some friends that do swing the Nox 800 none of us can make a determination as to which is the more capable detector the Nox 800 and the Legend have the same modes and almost run the same frequencies, my friends and I have done comparisons when detecting together and the nox sees the same targets as the Legend and the same goes for the Legend seeing the same targets as the nox 800 if I had to give the edge to one or the other between the Nox 800 and the Legend it would be the Legend handles EMI a little better then the Nox 800, and you notice in my reply to you I have not included the Equinox 600 in my comparisons, simply because I do not feel the nox 600 can be compared to the Nox 800 or the Legend because it does not have the gold field mode which both the Legend and the Nox800 does, and nox 600 also runs two less frequencies than both the Legend and the Nox 800, this is comparing apples to apples in my opinion, again personally for me the edge goes to the Legend simply because of the build quality, but capabilities goes to neither the nox 800 or the Legend

This is just my opinion for what it is worth
The nox 600 in multi frequency mode, runs the exact same frequencys as the 800. This includes 20khz -40khz. This was confirmed to me by Steve H, that runs the Detector Prospector sight, & also wrote the best book, on the Equinox 600 -800.

ok so what that tells me is both the 600 and 800 have the same modes Park,field and maybe beach both have 5,10,and 15 KHz which both can run a combination of 5,10,and 15 KHz in those 3 modes the 800 has the gold field mode and the 600 does not, so they are similar in the fact thay the 600 and 800 runs the same three frequencies but the 600 can not run the 20 and 40 KHz like the 800

in my mind only the Legend and the Nox 800 are apples to apples

Please correct me if I am wrong
The Equinox 600 in multi frequency mode, runs the exact same frequencys as the 800, including 20khz & 40khz. You just can't use those two frequencys as single frequencys. This was told to me, by Steve H, that runs the Detector Prospector website, & who wrote the best book, on the Equinox 600-800. I also was told this, by two different Minelab employees. Hopefully this info helps, I'm just relaying what I was told. I have the 600 & Legend. I bought the 600 & 6" coil over the 800. Because Steve H said the 600 is damn near as good, on vary small gold as the 800 is. You can check out Steve H, nox 600 & 6" coil gold performance review, over at Detector Prospector. It's really Incredible, the tiny gold he found using that combo.

ok so what that tells me is both the 600 and 800 have the same modes Park,field and maybe beach both have 5,10,and 15 KHz which both can run a combination of 5,10,and 15 KHz in those 3 modes the 800 has the gold field mode and the 600 does not, so they are similar in the fact thay the 600 and 800 runs the same three frequencies but the 600 can not run the 20 and 40 KHz like the 800

in my mind only the Legend and the Nox 800 are apples to apples

Please correct me if I am wrong
Sorry about the false info I mentioned when
I replied to your comments. Steve H, that runs the Detector Prospector website, didn't write The Equinox 600-800 book, it was Andy S. I confused the two, & for some reason, I thought they were the same person. I'm only using the first letter of their last names, because I'm not sure about the spelling & don't want to butcher their names.

So we can conclude on the 600 we have multi-frequency, AND single frequencies of 4khz, 5khz, 10khz and 15khz.
I've had Minelab employees & Steve H, that runs the detector prospector websight tell me, it does use 20khz & 40khz in multi frequency mode. & I've had other people, tell me it doesn't. Minelab needs to clear this up, because this uncertainty persists, in the new Equinox 700 model. I believe the nox 600-700, does use these frequencies. Why would Minelab deprive, one of it's VLF flagship models, of these higher frequencies in multi mode, but yet the Vanquish 340-540 series clearly states, that these 3 detectors, use multi frequencies in the range of 5khz through 40khz ?? Come on Minelab, give everyone some clarification on this matter.

I've had Minelab employees & Steve H, that runs the detector prospector websight tell me, it does use 20khz & 40khz in multi frequency mode. & I've had other people, tell me it doesn't. Minelab needs to clear this up, because this uncertainty persists, in the new Equinox 700 model. I believe the nox 600-700, does use these frequencies. Why would Minelab deprive, one of it's VLF flagship models, of these higher frequencies in multi mode, but yet the Vanquish 340-540 series clearly states, that these 3 detectors, use multi frequencies in the range of 5khz through 40khz ?? Come on Minelab, give everyone some clarification on this matter.
I would love to know myself. But they say its proprietary.
The best explanation anyone can give is that they work “the same” which is a pretty pitiful explanation. Anyone care to elaborate on what “the same” is?
Perhaps giving the information would somehow devalue the product.

Have the legend and want to try the Nox lol
Two things made me choose the legend previously as researching showed both were close enough in performance and about identical in features.
One was price as legend was always close to half the price and i needed waterproof. No known issues with legend leaking. Now with the price drop on legend as others who just bought one noted too good to pass up.
Some other secondary things like optional external battery and a good 6” coil really made decision easier
Hopefully another price drop with a Nox will happen now that a new detector is finally out
Probably has more to do with exchange rates . I will get one . Love trying something new.