Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Do I really need V 1.08

DigDog

Little confused after watching some videos on the new update. Have currently V 1.07
And one big thing about V1.08 that everyone seems to think is the iron bias. Everyone has personal preferences and if the new update doesn’t do anything for them then why update.other than bug fixes which i don’t believe any were in this one.
I don’t relic hunt here per say if i come across something old thats fine but in some videos i could be wrong and this is why i am wondering, that you can actually adjust the legend in the settings on V 1.07 to have the same effect as the factory setting in V 1.08 to see good targets around iron. Or turn up or down, off/on iron bias. People use different terminology for the same thing and when learning makes it little confusing. So really asking if you are
just interested in the new iron bias settings and nothing else can you achieve the same thing by adjusting the settings in V 1.07 and not have to update to V1.08 or at least be close to it ? Thanks

There are quite a few useful features added with V1.08 besides the Iron filter. Why not update?

Still trying to stick with basics I guess.
Not to worried and don’t want to overload my mind with all the different tone settings and stuff that is more advanced settings I suppose. The nice thing I think about this detector is its something you can grow into. Its bee years since i last detected and other than my sovereign or excalliber was using simple beep and dig machines like tesoro.
Never really used the TID numbers at all or even anything with a screen.
Like an older person with a computer it can be a bit challenging where as a kid can catch on real quick.
Thats why i was thinking learning and understanding it with less features like V1.07 is easier maybe its just me.
Cars are no different the old cars without computers are so easy to work on and all the add ons just complicate everything.
Its nice to have the features to grow into and use what you need, but again i might need what someone else does all depends in what we hunt for and where.
I was always told in deciding on a detector you first have to decide what kind of hunting you are doing and where. That will determine what detector is best. But you don’t always know where you will end up or where. Im sure eventually i will get to the point of maybe using all the new features but for now for example just the ability to separate the iron from good targets really good is all i need and if i can still accomplish close to the same with the older version then thats fine for now.
Bug fixes of course are a different story all together
Using the car analogy again if you buy a car that has everything you need to get from a to b and they came out with a computer chip that made it go faster not everyone will find the need for it. I have seen on here some are even happy using the original V1.03 or V1.05 all depends in what you are happy with I guess. The old beep and dig detectors there were no updates what you got is what you had to work with. Maybe one day they we can plug our car into our computer and add features as well. For now im just interested in the iron separation and if i can accomplish the same with V1.07
Thanks again for responding

I don’t know but there has been some crazy stuff going on lately with their decisions.
Ordered a accessory received it in the mail broken and they won’t ship me a new ine unless it goes through warranty.
I can see if i used it and it broke to go through warranty but brand new in the mail you would think the policy would be to just ship out a new one but been waiting could possibly be weeks if not months to get a replacement new accessories.
That’s the policy that they implemented

V1.09 includes all of V1.08 plus the TID/GB fix.

Did you order direct from NM or a dealer?

Ordered from a dealer and that is the policy for the dealer if a customer received a broken product even if brand new it has to go back through the warranty department first to get a replacement

I noticed occasionally very jumpy GB numbers and sometimes they didnt match up when checking a couple times at same area a few feet apart (I’m guessing thats what it was). The target numbers have been hard to determine at times, such as is it a clad dime or a wheat/IH penny. Hoping they put a bit better spread between them.
I will be updating later today……

I noticed occasionally very jumpy GB numbers and sometimes they didnt match up when checking a couple times at same area a few feet apart (I’m guessing thats what it was). The target numbers have been hard to determine at times, such as is it a clad dime or a wheat/IH penny. Hoping they put a bit better spread between them.
I will be updating later today……
But are those issues only when updated to V 1.08 or were they an issue with V1.07 also

Ordered from a dealer and that is the policy for the dealer if a customer received a broken product even if brand new it has to go back through the warranty department first to get a replacement
You need another dealer!----My dealer (who is a Findmall sponsor) would NEVER do it that way.---If there is a problem like that HE makes it right!

But are those issues only when updated to V 1.08 or were they an issue with V1.07 also
yes those issues were only in the 1.08

since you seem to be reluctant in naming the dealer that would not replace the broken item you received, it kind of leads us to believe you ordered online from a not so well known dealer, you are blaming Nokta/macro for a lack of customer service which is plain and clear by the dealer you purchased from, I also replied to your other post that you put up, the other thing about US dealers not honoring the promotional packages those packages are packaged by Nokta/Macro I believe, if the dealers you are dealing with is not honoring those promotional packages it tells me they are removing items from the promotional packs and making a few extra bucks on the side.

you need to put the poor customer service blame where it belongs and that is with the dealer you made your purchase from not Nokta/Macro.

You need another dealer!----My dealer (who is a Findmall sponsor) would NEVER do it that way.---If there is a problem like that HE makes it right!
Your absolutely correct.
I recommend Riley’s treasure gold in Florida. They have been around a long time and pretty well stocked dealer in many brands and items.
I purchased from them 10 years ago as they sold the best sand scoops they manufacture themselves.
I kinda feel bad for the small dealer but in business you should still make it right for the customer.
It was a $100 item so not like they are out a ton of money for too long. I would hope Nokta Makro would make it right and replace the inventory item for them after all thats part of owning a business. If floating $100 will hurt you then you probably shouldn’t be in business. Or maybe Nokta Makro wont replace it, don’t know why they wouldn’t.
Still I didn’t do anything wrong, just ordered a accessory I needed by a certain time was told originally they would mail a new one out come Monday then when I didn’t hear anything called and they said Nokta Makro makes them go through warranty before they can replace it. Didn’t hear back from them or Nokta Makro.
Was going to order another accessory like a coil they originally said was part of a promotion. I heard about on here and was on their website but no dealer seems to want to honor the promotion so there is some disconnect going on as well. Nokta Makro advertises it but didn’t have everything in place with the dealers
Makes you little skeptical to order anything now. Seems like good product, more for less but if what you get is broken and no replacement in site then its less for more.
Basically out $100 now till who knows when. Like i said needed it for a trip so had to pay again and get someone else to send it
yes those issues were only in the 1.08

since you seem to be reluctant in naming the dealer that would not replace the broken item you received, it kind of leads us to believe you ordered online from a not so well known dealer, you are blaming Nokta/macro for a lack of customer service which is plain and clear by the dealer you purchased from, I also replied to your other post that you put up, the other thing about US dealers not honoring the promotional packages those packages are packaged by Nokta/Macro I believe, if the dealers you are dealing with is not honoring those promotional packages it tells me they are removing items from the promotional packs and making a few extra bucks on the side.

you need to put the poor customer service blame where it belongs and that is with the dealer you made your purchase from not Nokta/Macro.
dealers not honoring all told me they nevwr received the promotional packages from Nokta and couldn’t take the coils out of their stock. Who am I supposed to believe here. I sgree with you though

Your absolutely correct.
I recommend Riley’s treasure gold in Florida. They have been around a long time and pretty well stocked dealer in many brands and items.
I purchased from them 10 years ago as they sold the best sand scoops they manufacture themselves.
I kinda feel bad for the small dealer but in business you should still make it right for the customer.
It was a $100 item so not like they are out a ton of money for too long. I would hope Nokta Makro would make it right and replace the inventory item for them after all thats part of owning a business. If floating $100 will hurt you then you probably shouldn’t be in business. Or maybe Nokta Makro wont replace it, don’t know why they wouldn’t.
Still I didn’t do anything wrong, just ordered a accessory I needed by a certain time was told originally they would mail a new one out come Monday then when I didn’t hear anything called and they said Nokta Makro makes them go through warranty before they can replace it. Didn’t hear back from them or Nokta Makro.
Was going to order another accessory like a coil they originally said was part of a promotion. I heard about on here and was on their website but no dealer seems to want to honor the promotion so there is some disconnect going on as well. Nokta Makro advertises it but didn’t have everything in place with the dealers
Makes you little skeptical to order anything now. Seems like good product, more for less but if what you get is broken and no replacement in site then its less for more.
Basically out $100 now till who knows when. Like i said needed it for a trip so had to pay again and get someone else to send it

dealers not honoring all told me they nevwr received the promotional packages from Nokta and couldn’t take the coils out of their stock. Who am I supposed to believe here. I sgree with you though
I believe you are talking about the Stimulus promotion correct if you are that is a very new promotion so with the shipping woes going on I can imagine the dealers have not received them yet just my guess

I believe you are talking about the Stimulus promotion correct if you are that is a very new promotion so with the shipping woes going on I can imagine the dealers have not received them yet just my guess
Yes the stimulus promotion.
But again don’t advertise it if your not ready to roll out with it.
If someone was interested in buying a legend and see the promotion advertised on the website with free coil of course they are going to want to order the promotion one instead of the one without the coil. Who wouldn’t.
But the dealerships were caught off guard and claimed they knew nothing about it and then no one the dealers or Nokta Makro would verify a date it started.
You cant just throw stuff out there on your website you get a free coil then say sorry we cant do it right now. Well then either put up a start date or take it down until ypu can. There is also a thing called false advertising.
With anything. Say Home Depot advertises a free garden hose with purchase of,
I don’t know ,plants.
So you go to store and buy plants and they tell you sorry cant give you the hoses we have in store inventory and we are not going to honor that ad
Is it me?

Yes the stimulus promotion.
But again don’t advertise it if your not ready to roll out with it.
If someone was interested in buying a legend and see the promotion advertised on the website with free coil of course they are going to want to order the promotion one instead of the one without the coil. Who wouldn’t.
But the dealerships were caught off guard and claimed they knew nothing about it and then no one the dealers or Nokta Makro would verify a date it started.
You cant just throw stuff out there on your website you get a free coil then say sorry we cant do it right now. Well then either put up a start date or take it down until ypu can. There is also a thing called false advertising.
With anything. Say Home Depot advertises a free garden hose with purchase of,
I don’t know ,plants.
So you go to store and buy plants and they tell you sorry cant give you the hoses we have in store inventory and we are not going to honor that ad
Is it me?
Nokta/Macro cannot control how long it takes shipping companies to get product to vendors, or how long it takes for products to get through customs, customs is a whole different ball game, its just like I pre ordered my first Legen through a vendor that vendor it took for ever it seemed for me to recieve my pre order why because the pre orders were setting in customs it was 3 weeks after they arrived to the US before my pre order was ever shipped, I know what you are saying but Nokta/Macro has not falsely advertised they are running that promotion, they cannot control how long shipping or customs takes.

Tmops50 you have to look at it this way it is easier for an illegal alien to get into our country then it is for companies to get product into our country simply because of customs.

All products coming into the country are required to clear customs first and there is no way around that

Tmops50 you have to look at it this way it is easier for an illegal alien to get into our country then it is for companies to get product into our country simply because of customs.

All products coming into the country are required to clear customs first and there is no way around
Well customs is a mess right now so not sure what’s going on with the shipping of the promotion products but the other issue with replacing products that were damaged brand new with having to go through warranty department and no time frame is a little bizarre