Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Do it myself?

oldranger

Has anyone ever popped out the
speaker on their propointer? Mine
works fine but it has a very tinny
weak sound. Its out of warrenty
and i really dont want to wait for it to
go to Garret and back here. evn tho
they have great service I figure
that cleaning the speaker might help

Any thoughts suggestions etc??

As usual thanks in advance for any advise

Ron

Rangers Lead The Way :usaflag::usaa:

I'm not sure but it's probably a piezo speaker, sealed. Don't know if there's anything to clean.

John

Remove the rubber switch cover. Make sure the switch is in the down position. Remove the one screw inside the battery area. Slide the guts out but keep an eye on the switch so it doesn't catch and break. The switch is the thing that will break if anything. Once you slide the guts out you'll see the piezo speaker. It's a trick to get the guts, switch and wiring back in. Before you do all this take a needle and pick the crap out of the holes.