Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Do the Ace series coils work on the GTP 1350?

michaelnc

I'm just wondering if anyone has tried the Ace series coils on the GTP or Gtax series detectors. If so do they work properly. I know the SEF coil is supposed to work on any of these machines.

Thanks,

Shane

They will not. A coil has to be tuned to a detector's operating frequency for maximum operation. If you hook it up, it will probanly beep, however the disc. ID will be off as well as the depth.

I've switched mine around and they all work just fine, for the GTP and GTAx series over to the Ace series and vice versa. The slight freq. difference doesn't hamper them at all. Just think about the fact that the AT Gold and AT Pro can use the same coils and they are 3 khz apart in freq. The Ace series and GTAx and GTP are less that 1/2 khz apart in freq. I've even put a 7 x 10 Proformance coil on my old ragged Freedom Ace Plus and it hummed right along, actually worked better that the old Crossfire and Crossfire II coils. JMHO and what I've experienced.

I was hoping they would work. I know on those new Tek machines they all use the same coils and they have a huge difference in khz.

HH,

Shane

Yeah, I use that Ace 10"x14" DD Excelerator and 6"x8" SEF on my GTAx1250 which is the exact same machine as the GTP1350 minus the profiling feature.
I've also used my wife's ACE 250 with the old round Crossfire 2 search coil ( 8.5" ) and it works great. The TID might be off by a notch depending upon your ground conditions.
I don't mind 'cause I just dig anything that's not iron. At least that's my plan.:biggrin:Happy Hunting!:)