Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Do worms bury coins intentionally??? If so why do some bury them deeper than others?

braveheart1954

Do worms bury coins intentionally???

All past seemingly reputable artifact sinking tests were dome in rich soils that included worms because that is a definite way of helping things sink but only if a worm shits on it. I can go on and on... but if you have a decent IQ you should be able to deduce theories for your self why such items are at the depth you find them!

One quick note and scenario: Say you found a spot in a wooded area with rich, loamy, wormy soil that held BIG FAIRS in its day and that NO ONE, what so ever, has walked on that ground until you and Exp2 came along exactly150 years later around 10am Saturday, Aug. 6Th 2016....

QUESTION: HOW DEEP ARE YOU GOING TO FIND ARTIFACTS LOST 150-180 YEARS AGO THERE??? Think hard before reading further !!! ;) Bet you won't have the right answer! lol

ANSWER: The depth of which you will keep finding the MAJORITY of artifacts dropped an average of 165 years ago is going to be the average depth of the first 10 items dug! Give or take an inch! Anything deeper or shallower has to do with the displacement of soil by man, animal or act of mother nature. So.. DIG EVERYTHING AT THOSE AVERAGE DEPTHS and if you are really sure no one has set foot on that ground in 150 years DIG ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING because there can be nothing less than 150 years old unless dropped out of an airplane! lol
*****One thing that stays on my mind I cant guess the reason why of is that in the deep woods I and yous I'm sure find coins at the base of old oaks and other huge dia trees. The only people most likely hanging out under that tree in the past decades were deer and other hunters who pissed and shit right there while hunting and using the tree for cover... so coins, bullets and others items dropped out of there drawers into the snow beneath them..... NOW the coins from the forties..say were all mostly at 6 to 8 inches. 2016-1945+ 71 years ...hmmm that is perfect for the theory of 1 inch for every 10 years! But in parks and areas with grittier ground those 45 coins are roughly about 5 to 6 inches deep! What's life without wonder ehh?! METAL DETECTING IS AN ART IN ITSELF! Confusious ;)

"Confusious" indeed! I am going to pee myself.....:rofl:

answer to question #1 Less than 2 inches. You can't find them now because us old folk found them all with our old non disc. bfo's