Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Do you have trouble with EMI?

If you are troubled with EMI I can thoroughly recommend the use of Coiltek Anti Interference coils.
They enable detecting under power-lines and up to a metre or so from an electric fence.

Its the difference of being able to use the GPX or not on 'There is a slight loss of depth as a trade off but not that bad.

According to the Instruction manual this can be solved when using DDs by switching into cancel but I have to say there is a great depth loss when this is done.

I once had the 11" Coiltek Anti interference coil, worked great in areas with EMI.

Then, Purchased a 10" X 5" Elliptical DD Commander coil and because of the smaller footprint it too could be worked in areas with EMI. Traded the 11" Coiltek Anti Interference coil, wish I'd kept it now but the 10" X 5" Elliptical DD Commander coil is great eliminating EMI.

Use the 10" X 5" Elliptical DD Commander coil quite a bit for park hunting, great separation and good depth.

Good post,
Paul

Old California said:
I once had the 11" Coiltek Anti interference coil, worked great in areas with EMI.

Then, Purchased a 10" X 5" Elliptical DD Commander coil and because of the smaller footprint it too could be worked in areas with EMI. Traded the 11" Coiltek Anti Interference coil, wish I'd kept it now but the 10" X 5" Elliptical DD Commander coil is great eliminating EMI.

Use the 10" X 5" Elliptical DD Commander coil quite a bit for park hunting, great separation and good depth.

Good post,
Paul

Thanks for posting.. Quite correct, the smaller footprint can be useful but if there is powerful EMI from an electric fence for example, the only was to be able to detect is with the Anti Interference coil.

Coiltek have reduced the number of coils available as Anti Interference to:

11", 14", 17"x11" and a huge drag coil 40"x20"...

I can thorough recommend the 14". I have found it very useful on pasture ground and its not too heavy at just over 31oz. A little too large for Parks I would guess.

Will a anti interface coil still discriminate iron?

If you don't want to spend the money on the special coil. Use the 11 dd coil and use cancel on the front panel. That will also work.

Digger70pa said:
Will a anti interface coil still discriminate iron?

Yes.

The EMI I was thinking about wrapping coil wires around the aluminum shaft using larger coils ,I ordered carbon fiber upper shaft today for my GPX 4500:thumbup:

skywalker said:
The EMI I was thinking about wrapping coil wires around the aluminum shaft using larger coils ,I ordered carbon fiber upper shaft today for my GPX 4500:thumbup:

EMI ELECTROMAGNETISUM INTERFERENCE = POWER LINES AND OTHER OUTSIDE INTERFERENCE

EMI ELECTROMAGNETISUM INDUCTION COIL WIRE AROUND METAL SHAFT :yikes: