Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Do you like to build your own patterns?

Lightstryder

Just out of curiosity, who here likes to build there own disc patterns? Do you find yourself missing anything? Any advantages over the factory pattern? How about rejecting Conductivity 1 on a salt beach, does it seem to help you with falling? Thanks in advance.

I keep my screen as open as possible. I have iron mask set low, just enough to reject a small piece of iron like a bobby pin and I have my smartfind screen set to just take out the nails, so thats the upper left section, just a small portion.
Ive tried different patterns when I get deep signals or mixed in trash signals and patterns have almost always deteriorated the signal response. Really, just like other detectors, targets close to a rejected target are harder to get a clean signal on.
You have to listen more, learn the sounds more and pay more attention to the screen with open screens but I think its worth it.

I have always considered the ability to use edit-learn-reject to be one of the best features. As an example I reject all and use learn to to quickly "explore" around an old tree. I then reject all targets that are in the fe region and then detect picking out the targets in the non ferrous that are not blanked. However, mostly I use the factory settings and select to design a pattern then use edit to tweak it based on what I am digging.

Cody

I have a pattern I made that is just strictly for coins. I made it by blacking out the entire screen and scanning and accepting every coin I want to find using the medium size cursor. I know I may miss out on some things but it saves me alot of time.