Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Do you lose sensitivity if you reject a lot of stuff in a pattern?

No, not at all.
But you increase the probability of missing a target that is adjacent to trash....especially deep targets, and/or multiple targets....multiple denomination coin spills, for instance.
You also pretty much reduce your chances of finding any jewelry.

But it depends on how you hunt, where you hunt, and what you're hunting for.
If you're just looking for clad, the ground is clean, and simply want a high finds count....then a tight disc pattern is ideal.
(For instance, I know a guy with a CTX that discs out everything but quarters....then just lives on the clad.)

But, if you are looking for deep silver, you may want to open up a bit on your reject pattern.
HH,
mike

Mike is exactly right. Sensitivity is more of a function of how 'hot 'your running e.g manual-auto3-auto2 decending order. But using real tight patterns increases your chances of junk pulling a good find into the blocked area. This is why I prefer to use a more open screen and use tone breaks to identify say coins. HH pt

I find I lose depth significantly if I use a lot of discrimination, try it find or bury a coin at near to the limit of detection, put on a lot of discrimination and the ID's of the coin will suffer badly with the discrimination or you will not longer be able to find it at all.

Maninthewall, I liked your old avatar better.

Speak to management. I got an email stating "I deleted your avatar due to nudity. Choose whatever you like but nudity. Another offense and you'll be removed from our forum."

I didn't think that was a nude photo.. just a Silhouette. But... I'm not the decision maker.

I guess it fell under "You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, contains adult or objectionable content, contains personal information of others, risks copyright infringement, encourages unlawful activity, or otherwise violates any laws."

I was going to put an avatar of my picture up, but... I'm pretty darn ugly, and that would fall under "Offend" , another violation.

You don't loose sensitivity but if you use disc the more you use the slower the sweep speed has to be other wise the blanking of the disc targets well miss targets by going slower gives it time to recovery.The fe line is another form of iron disc the lower it is set the more targets that would have gone high will go low when with iron .I use no disc and run my fe line at 34 giving the machine as much of a opportunity to see the target .When i can't run 34 i well go only to 32 .sube

Mike and others are correct in what they say. But discrim does slow down the processor. Better method is to use your tone audio set up to alert you to different types of targets. There are quite a few ways to do this.

I believe it depends on which detector. I do notice a little less depth with high disc but not on all my detectors. Also on some models deep targets will ring up different than what they should and you could miss them by being disced out.
Disc will as said above slow down the recovery speed but I don't believe it is as much of a problem on analog, beep n digs.
I like machines where I can change certain return signal tones and their volume so I don't have to disc out anything

I believe it depends on which detector. I do notice a little less depth with high disc but not on all my detectors. Also on some models deep targets will ring up different than what they should and you could miss them by being disced out.
Disc will as said above slow down the recovery speed but I don't believe it is as much of a problem on analog, beep n digs.
I like machines where I can change certain return signal tones and their volume so I don't have to disc out anything
I think you are correct. I was referring to the CTX3030. First off this is an old and has a slower processor, so pretty much all extra discrim and features you used slows down the processor. On new ones like XP1 or 2 or Nox, or Legend, etc it may not matter.