Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Do you think there'll be closeout sales?

Mike T

I've been thinking of buying an SE Pro, but now that its ending production, do you think there will be opportunities? usually when models cease production they can be had for as much as 50% off! what do you guys think?

I don't think so Mike . Maybe a holiday package with their handheld pointer and one of their diggers is possible but no matter what if your thinking of getting a new one I wouldn't wait too long as I think their remaining stock is going to dry up fast .

No company that i know of have ever given us major discounts..... why because like you there are several on the fence and afraid they wont get one.

Dew

When I was a minelab dealer in the 90s, i think we got 20% off the closeout models, naturally we passed the cut to the customers. Have things changed 15 years later? dont know.

Minelab has become a money grabber and thats a d--n shame. Don't expect any thing from them they are going for the billfold. not customer relations any more. shame, shame.

So is it official? I heard this rumor a week or so ago but did someone find out for a fact that minelab is discontinuing the explorer?

I hope so bud. I wouldn't mind setting one back. I had a chance to do that when they stopped the explorer 2 but I didn't pull the trigger. I don't remember it being discounted though.

You can probably expect to pay full price because I would imagine dealers would order extra to set back for future sales?
After all this was probably Minelabs most popular line and many people will have the same idea about "putting one on the shelf"

I think they are going to replace it. Also think the X-Terra is going to get a-- New Face Lift. We all know Garrett-Whites all coming out with something. That's why the the New Coils for the X-Terra watch and see. Up the demand for the New Coils.that's why Coiltek is coming out with the the coils, right after that minelab will release the New X-Terra line. Garrett dropped everything from their line up execpt -Ace's --AT Pro--AT Gold jumps to the GTI 2500 on their web site. All of the sudden X-Terra & X-Terra Gold $729.00 with Free Digger & Cover & Garrett Pro Pointer. Theirs that 20% off their giving Dealers for the close out. Its going to be a wonderful time for New Detector's.

Bill

not unless the company that is selling them is going out of business.

where did you see this happen, I cant remember it ever happening.

I remember when Minelab had a big price reduction on the XT 50's without announcing that in a matter of days the XT 70 would be coming out . A few people were upset about that .