Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Dock Rake, Dredge, Scoop first time out

Black Davy

Well finally after having all the pieces to put it together its done and tested. All I can say is it works!! I started out with two fry baskets (free) scrap stainless (free) and (1) 10' aluminum pole threaded both ends (1) 4'-6" alum pole threaded also (free) and (2) 10' galvanized poles threaded (free). I cut up my baskets and stainless and welded them up. I worked out the angle using CAD and here it is. This is for all those areas to deep for me to detect. I brought the scoop to a local swimming hole and worked it at lunch for about and hour. I ended up with one steel ring and a dime, no junk. I was using the 14'-6" of aluminum poles today and it was just ok in length I could have used 20' for the deep end portion of the dock. I found that you need to go over your drags multiple times to get down for the deeper items.

large fries.order up......lol..... fine bit of engineering..... im currently contemplating a simular situation...... i made stilts out of 5 gallon buckets and fastened an old pair of work boots to the tops of the buckets...also used my pool skimmer pole as an extension to my beach scoop...my goal is to be able to work in 7 ft deep water while keeping my head above water..... congrats ,you have obvously invested alot of thought and time into your invention.... oh what a fine line between genious and insanity......lol lol lol....good luck..

Looks like a good idea for non divers. It almost looks like the way some people dip smelt here in Michigan. Another trick is to have two people and a rope attached to the pole close to the basket. One person could hold the pole down and the other pull the basket through the sand or muck.

Not a bad way to look for more treasure, especially around a dock!!

One with extendable handles good to 25 feet.... and one that has only one handle four feet long...... but attached to a rope.... That way, 30 feet of water is no problem

Found huge amounts with it too.... best day was over $200.00 in cash, 8 rings.... 5 gold...necklaces, sunglasses, etc

Cheers

Micheal

Micheal,

Nice to here from otheres with scoops, I have (3) 10' pipe lengths and (1) 4'-6" all with threads so I can get into the deep stuff also. I also attached a rope for better dragging and in case I toss it out too far.

n/t

Mikie said:
One with extendable handles good to 25 feet.... and one that has only one handle four feet long...... but attached to a rope.... That way, 30 feet of water is no problem

Found huge amounts with it too.... best day was over $200.00 in cash, 8 rings.... 5 gold...necklaces, sunglasses, etc

Cheers

Micheal

I'm not sure where I could use one locally, but the idea is a great one for sure!!

Nice to see you're still at it Mikie,

CJ