Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Dodging land mines

togamac

I just got permission to search a 1880's home site. The yard is half under snow and the other half is a little muddy for hunting now but I'm kind of pumped about it. The owner has an over-fed 140 pound pit bull who has littered what is not snowed in with 'land mines". I tried dodging the turds for about 15 minutes and got tons of signals in that time. She said that half of the house used to be a store in the old days so there's no telling what's in that ground. I imagine they used the back yard for a dump. Wish me luck!

GOOD LUCK! With that old store being there, you know there are some older coins to be had. You may have to remove a ton of trash, but probably worth the effort. Also, good luck with the land mines. That stuff can fill up the tread in your shoes and hence won't make for a pleasant drive home. I know! HH jim tn

I wish you luck, good luck, a large truck full good luck and a powerful water hose to your shoe soles ... :rofl:

This is our most sophisticated protection against anti-personnel mines ...
loszapatos_zps0541ed7a.jpg

:rofl:

You are gonna get worms Mac!...just keep telling yourself, "With all this poop, theres gotta be a pony in here somewhere":lmfao:
Mud

Clean up all that poop first, then enjoy the hunt. You should be able to find some nice old coins if it was a store at one time. You may also try and teach that dog to cleanup after itself too.... :)

I swear that some of those turds smell like they came from the seventh level of Hades when disturbed.

Then....you get some on your shoes, then the car stinks, then you walk in the house, only to be asked "What's that smell" then it begins...:argue:

Yeah..you hunt a place like that, wear old shoes and leave them there!...those shoes Senda posted are a real riot, and would certainly be perfect for hunting a poop heavy place! !:rofl:
Mud

Really this shoe made of wood and used for centuries was designed for walking on rocks, snow, ice and lots of cow poop. Keeping the foot dry and warm, although it is easy to fall off them in the compost pile, The Tomb of King poop:veryangry::rofl: