Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Does anybody use earbuds with a wireless setup?

jimmyzr1

If anybody uses earbuds with a wireless setup, what seems to be the best brands, earbuds / wireless system for metal detecting? I was thinking of the new Garrett system but also need to know of a good set of earbuds for detecting? Thanks

I would not use ear-buds in any fashion. Whether chord, or wireless. Because then you'll find yourself hearing all the outside sounds (wind whistling by, your footsteps, the waves if at the beach, etc...). You won't get the full benefit w/o full-muff headset. Unless you had some sort of monotone beep-or-no-beep detector, where sound nuances aren't as important ?

I know some guys who tried walk-man style headphones (that are akin to earbuds, but don't go all the way into your ear). And the main complaint was that the detector sounds now competed against the sounds of the outside world.

Tom_in_CA said:
I would not use ear-buds in any fashion. Whether chord, or wireless. Because then you'll find yourself hearing all the outside sounds (wind whistling by, your footsteps, the waves if at the beach, etc...). You won't get the full benefit w/o full-muff headset. Unless you had some sort of monotone beep-or-no-beep detector, where sound nuances aren't as important ?

I know some guys who tried walk-man style headphones (that are akin to earbuds, but don't go all the way into your ear). And the main complaint was that the detector sounds now competed against the sounds of the outside world.[/quote

Then he would hear me yelling all the time!

I would mainly be using them with my Minelab Etrac as I also use an xp Deus and use the ws4's with that. Here in the Sacramento area the heat gets unbearable with headphones and am trying to be more comfortable while out in the summer heat. I am wondering if the sound quality would be less hunting parks with earbuds?

Get a pair of fairly cheap ones and try it out. I use them in hot weather for the same reason. ..more comfortable, less sweat. The ones I use are pretty cheap and they work good enough for me.

I use the deteknix wireless rechargeable ones and they are great. Used TDK 700s before these. Like the rechargeable ones best.

I use a pair of $9.99 Sony buds that I got off of Amazon with my CTX and the WM 10 wireless. The key to using ear buds is to find some that don't have a little switch on the cord that you press to adjust volume, etc. that part always get screwed up. The reason I use the earbuds is that sometimes I am in areas where I want to, or need to be very aware of my surroundings.

Thanks for your comments. I bought the z-link system, but noticed the sounds being much different than using the sun-ray pro golds with my Etrac. Does anybody know of earbuds that don't change the sounds going through them? It is a huge difference in sound and using the Etrac, it's all about the sounds!

Auric said:
I use a pair of $9.99 Sony buds that I got off of Amazon with my CTX and the WM 10 wireless. The key to using ear buds is to find some that don't have a little switch on the cord that you press to adjust volume, etc. that part always get screwed up. The reason I use the earbuds is that sometimes I am in areas where I want to, or need to be very aware of my surroundings.

I'm curious, do the earbuds sound different than regular headsets? The jvc ones I bought make the sounds very different than the good sounds I normally get with he Etrac and pro golds. Does anyone know of some earbuds that will sound better? Closer to normal sounds?

They sound the same as my Koss or Grey Ghosts. Just more background noise