Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Does anybody use the 12 X10 concentric or "DD"?

dmckee17

I'm wanting to hear some input about the 12 X 10 concentric or "DD" widescan coil. Properly tuned, will it get more depth than what I'm currently getting with the stock 9 X 8 concentric? if so about how much? I'm considering buying one and sending my Cortes in with it to get tuned. Input welcome...

dmckee.........I have both the 10 x 12 widescan and 10 x 12 concentric.

I use the 10 x 12 concentric on my Silver Umax and it will easily get another 2 inches more than the 8" round stock coil. Tesoro don't make this coil for the HOT series of detectors - but I wish they did! This setup is also deeper than my Cibola w/stock coil!

I use the 10 x 12 widescan on my Cibola and whilst I see no difference in depth from the 9 x 8 stock coil, I cover more ground in less time. This coil is not available for the Umax machines.

WW

werewolf, do you feel like it lost any sensitivity to smaller coins by going with the larger coil?

I'm not werewolf, but will jump in here. Using larger coils (10.5, 10x12, and 11" concentric) on any of my

I have not really noticed an improvement in depth using the 12 x 10 DD coil over a 10 x 9 concentric. But, if you have mineralized soil, you should see an advantage, but how much depends on the amount of mineralization. The big coils weigh a bit more, but you do gain in coverage too.

Thanks for the input fellows, I don't think the 12 X 10 will do what I want. I may end up getting a used Tejon and doing a comparison in the field, locating signals with a Tejon then see if a my Cortes can hang with it (or vise versa), then digging to see what it is. Has anyone done this yet? Specifically with Cortes -vs- Tejon on actual unknown targets??? (I suspect the Cortes can't hang).