Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Does anyone else own a cutlass umax? (not cutlass II)

Stoof-tabsallday

Hey all!!
Just curious if anyone else has one.
From what I've found its more rare.
I've mentioned it in other threads but never had someone else say they've seen or used one.
Here's the breakdown in case you don't have it but curious:

First I love my compadre and that's what made me look for this one.
With so many people modding the compadre with coil connectors and sensitivity knobs, I wanted to as well...
But I could bring myself to do it.
After some research I found this beauty.

It runs at 12khz like the compadre
It has a sensitivity knob with power boost (orange)
It's ed120 in disc, but has a click down to all metal (like the vaquero does) which completely bypasses the disc circuit. The all metal is not threshold based. It's called motion all metal so it still acts like disc mode but beeps on anything metal.
It has the ability to change coils but I leave the stock coil on because it's a turn in and go and no adjustment for ground balance.

It really reminds me of a cross between an 8" compadre with the 12khz but the adjustments of the silver umax.

I'll include a pic of it so there isn't any confusion but I'd love to hear from some other owners and/or others with thoughts on it!!!
Thanks

Nice!!!
I like it alot. Still something about the compadre, but it is a sweet machine. Like a modded compadre.
Glad to hear yours makes it out sometimes.
:)

I usually take that Cutlass and an Eldo when I plan on a totlot day, but different Tesoros for grassy park or old camp areas. I sort of rotate models for my amusement... Reminds me of what an old guy once told me about women when I was 20; "they're all good, some just better". Same goes for Tesoros. ^_^

The Cutlass μMAX works well in wood chips and shallow sand. About the same depth as Compadre and good sensitivity to tiny metal. Found plenty of staples (and coins) with the Cutlass but still no small gold...

Well unless there's something else special about the compadre, the cutlass should be able to do the same being at 12 khz.

Stoof-tabsallday said:
Well unless there's something else special about the compadre, the cutlass should be able to do the same being at 12 khz.

I think it may have something to do with "high gain, low noise" but I can get the Compadres closer to metal poles than any other Tesoros I have had even with sensitivity turned down and disc up. The Cutlass with a small coil isn't bad though. I ran the little 4" on mine for a while, but damn, that was slow going...

I have that coil too but never had a trashy enough area for it lol. 5.75 has worked well enough.
May try throwing that on the cutlass :)

There is something special about the compadre.

Whoa---don't say that ("something special about the Compadre)!-----I'll be thinkin I need to get one of them buggars to---I'm already "tector poor"!:biggrin:--------Seriously--you hardly ever here anything bad about that little machine--it's a good one.
Stoof-tabsallday said:
I have that coil too but never had a trashy enough area for it lol. 5.75 has worked well enough.
May try throwing that on the cutlass :)

There is something special about the compadre.

I have had both cutlasses currently have the Cutlass II µMax tried 5.75 coil to small on it but the older 7" coil for me is a killer especially on nickels, would love to have the straight Cutlass again