Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Does Anyone Have This Problem???

unearth

I'm out hunting with the CTX, get a target and start pinpointing. While pinpointing, the target audio breaks up, comes and goes, or completely goes silent. This happens when I use my Pro Gold headphones, which were modified, by the maker, to use with the CTX, the standard Koss headphones that come with the CTX or no headphones just the detector speaker. Will be calling Minelab tomorrow to see what they say.

I dont think there is anything wrong with your machine. I have had it happen, it is usually caused by the target being iron or iron next to the target, I believe.

Think I have had this happen as well? Sound just cuts out but it has been a while, maybe it's something with the WM 10? Funny how different things happen at different times, I need to take a small notebook with me and write down the things I am noticing. When the ctx is running right it is smoking hot. Got a tip from a fellow ctxer to slow down and I recall when I have in the past I get incredible depth.

I have had this same issue, it kinda follows the Excalibur and bottle top sounds good and goes bad or null/silent. With the excalibur you can make anything sound good with enought swings. I did find if you retune the coil (scoop) it will sound again. I am a beach hunter and most of the times its a zink pennie way down or very badly corroaded.
BCNJ