Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

does anyone know anything about the bazooka gold sluice

I have two models of the Bazooka gold trap sluice and they work quite well. I have done several videos on them that you can find at HurtHawk.com or Youtube

I had 2 of them but decided I had too many toys so they were both sold eventually.My friend in central Indiana says the patents expired so he is building several to resell.I think he wants around $750 but don't quote me on that. Send me a PM and I will forward it to him if interested. He uses a 2 inch Keene and a Bazoooka 4 inch so am sure he can give you a good comparison.

-Tom V.

I think they woudl do ok, i don't own one but what i like is you don't have to classafy thee material just shovel it in a go. But what i don't like is the small area to catch the gold, however gold is very hevey so you might not need a big catch contaner for gold recovery.. :confused: What is this i here that the patenet on the bazooka exp? So what anyone can make one? :nopity: good gosh, :drinking:

My friend in Indiana was gonna make some up to resell.He just told me he has got a new job and some other issues, so he has not the time to make the Bazookas now. Oh well.

-Tom V.

PS, this was for the Bazooka Gold dredge, .The Bazooka sluice, I have 2 of them , and they work great at catching fine gold but do require a fast stream flow.
Check em out on YouTube. They are made in California.

-Tom, sorry for the confusion...

yea i know they were made in california.. They are so expensicve for some plastic, I do like the fact they don't need to classified, you could run alot more dirt in one of those... Iv seen the videos...

They dont recover gold nearly as well as the keene 3-stage.Not even close but then you pay a arm and a leg for a keene.
If you been placer mining for some time you should know about reggie gould(spelling?) the inventor of the gold boozoka and the goldtrap,gravity trap highbanker.
Not sure if he is still around.Theres videos of the boozoka I had a chance to purchase one.

Im really not sure of the exact recovery rate I do beleave it was only around 60%.The plus side is its sub-surface dredge,so you may be able to use it in some areas that will not allowed surface dredge's.If your a claim jumper you could use scuba gear and be super secret....just kidding.
I think if it didnt jam up much you could really pound material through it.The low recovery rate might not matter if you could run more material through the boozoka compared to the keene,which I think it would.
Plus its a one man operation unlike a 4" keene dredge which should be done with a partner.

I am not sure if someone bought the patent or if it ran out? or whaaaat? or if you can even buy them anymore?

I have own two of them, They are so great. I use the Mini bazooka to prospect. Easy to hall, to put in a bucket to go anywhere. prospecting dream ,,,all you need :shove, a pan and the mini bazooka.

Quick to do cleanups. WhenI I get on the gold. I use the bigger prospector bazooka. I can move so much more dirt. just shove straight in

I have the extended mini and the extended prospector. I used the mini mostly for prospecting and mossing. After seeing how fine the gold I was recovering while mossing I stopped worrying about if I was losing gold the way it caught. What I would do if I was worried the flow was to fast I would slightly elevate the lower end with the fluid bed so it was higher than the front. Since it is a fluid bed I felt this might help the really fine gold drop by changing the water hydraulics a little.
The extended prospector was 48"s long. A great length I feel to give the gold a little more time to settle. A person could rig up a small crash box at the head of the prospector to settle the water he is pumping and just shovel directly into the bazooka instead of hauling around a high banker.
After using the bazooka all this summer I would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone

I gotta tell ya all

Yes I have been sluicing nor Cal creeks and rivers for years, the bazooka works very well, no classifying, shovel, dump
And go, I put some small hog mat toward the top 1/3 so I could instantly see if there was any gold commin down, the smaller
Miner model tends to get somewhat plugged, but a gentel tap with the shovel removes most obstructions, if you use the lager model and water
Flow is good shovel till your heart's content don't worry about losing small gold it will retain the gold , just dump heaps in.
My mining partner who primarily uses a high banker was SURPRISED by how much material I could processe with relative ease.
The cost, estimated for the bazooka may seem high but well makes up for the time having to screen 1/2 inch mesh for a regular riffle
Type aluminum box (you know what type ) LESS time bent over classifying means more shovel time.
More time shoveling means more productive sluice time!!!!!!! Get it, HIGH VOLUME!!!!!!
Do the math, to 1/2 inch screen into a 5 gal bucket 25 sec. X 50 times = 20 min or so depending on your ability, sure you can
Do better, but the point I'm trying to make is use your time to the upmost and you will see ,more time to hike to the next area
A longer break, less back work ect . fill in the blank.
As a plus, the addition of correct hog mat will help trap diamonds, that's right miner friends the other BLING!!!!!

I heard on another forum the company was for sale or no longer in business? Sure hope its not true? I own the mini and the Prospector.That mini is the easiest sluice to set up of all the ones I've ever owned
and catches gold so fine I can barely see it. Both sluices need fast water flow to work best. I had my mini working alongside another guy with a GoldHog highbanker and I was doing better than him and no gasoline needed
and I was shoveling into the Mini, no classify at all. And easy to clear rocks with the tip of my shovel. I added 4 legs to my Prospector so can use it in deeper water up to 18 inch.