Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Does anyone know how to remove coils in a Tornado coil's cable...

WJW

My Tornado coil has permanent coils in the cable from wrapping around the shaft and I was wondering if anyone has a fix for this without damaging it. The coil was second hand and the wraps in the cable are a little tighter than what I would like.
Thank you,
Bill

I wrap the coil wire around the coil nice and tight. That is how I always store my coils. When I go back to use it the cord is nice again. It usually makes it around the coil about 4 times.

WJW,curl in these cord are normal.I wouldn't worry about this causing any damage there are 4 separate copper wires that are inside your cord with no shielding used and they are built very well.I usually wind or wrap my coil cable tight around the rod asm and keep in place with a Velcro tie strap this will cause the cord to have a memorize curl.The curled cord can be used to an advantage for reassembly just tunnel the lower rod through and wind tight.HH Ron