Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Does anyone know if CZ20 can be taken out of salt mode and has anyone done it?

Might want to contact the Fisher Lab....1280X has been a freshwater favorite for years..

That would be the "perfect" water machine. Honestly there is very little sens lost and I think of it like this, between a CZ in salt mode and a CZ in normal you may be able to run the CZ in salt mode with slightly higher sens and run stable thus making up for the slight loss of sens in salt mode.

Call Fisher and ask to talk to one of the Tech's..very friendly people..Seems to me they may have to add a bit of electronics, but may be able to easily do the change which I don't feel would be covered under warranty. Only done shallow water hunting with a 1280 and personally feel the dual tones would be an advanage even in fresh water and understand your post..good question and surprised it hasn't been addressed before on the forum..