Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Does anyone know if Minelab will

Steve(MS)

allow the sale of the X-50 without the 9" and with one of the other coils coming out? It sure would make the purchase of the detector more attractive.
Steve(MS)

Hi,

I know in my area people would be much more inclined to get an X-Terra 50 if they could buy it stock with the 18.75 kHz coils for $699 as an option. Sure, this might hurt accessory coil sales, but you need to sell the machine first and worry about coil sales second. If a person is highly motivated to get the machine for the 18.75 kHz performance, like I am, the fact that I'd have to pay another $175 to get it to that frequency if it is only sold as a unit with the lower frequency coil would needlessly inhibit sales of the machine.

Kind of like the Gold Bug 2. You can buy it with a 10" coil or a 6" coil for the same price, your choice.

Steve Herschbach

It you are dealing with a detector shop that is knowledgeable about the detector that is right for your needs. They may suggest trading out the coil. IE 18.75 for the gold hunter, and 7.25 for the all round hunter. Being that it is not available at this point. We do not know how/and or if Minelab has thought about this as an option.

If you are like me, I think that I have tried all the varying size's for the Explorer. I have 15" for covering the beach, 5" for trashy sites, Platypus for corn fields too get between rows, 8 for general, and 10 for just about everywhere. I always seem to go back to the stock coil though.

This would make perfect sense to me.

Joe you are so correct.
I have like you have purchased all the various size of coils which sit on the shelf waiting for a trip out.
Of late I stick with the standard 10.5" standard issue one 90% of the time.
Jerry.

Hi,

I almost never use stock coils. My machines all seem to have either a smaller coil ( I like small coils) or in some cases larger coils on them.

Right now my Ace 250 is sporting the 12" coil, my MXT has the 10" DD elliptical on it, my DFX has the 14" DD elliptical on it, my Gold Bug 2 has the little 6" elliptical on it. My GP 3500 is sporting the Coiltek 27" x 21" DD Pro, the largest coil I've ever owned!

The only machines I have with stock coil on them at the moment are my Surf PI Pro, because it is hardwired on, and the X-Terra 50, because there are no small coils.

If I had my way detectors would be sold as a "powerhead" and coils would be sold separately. And I'd just buy the combo I wanted.

Steve Herschbach