Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Does anyone know........

Yes. :rofl:

Just having a bit of fun with you on the previous answer, Del. :lmfao:

When the coil w/cover is laying on the postal scale, with the waterproof connector remaining on the table, the coil and cover weigh 11.2 ounces. When I placed the cable on the scale with the coil, it tips the scales at 1lb. 0.4 ounces. HH Randy

I wanna know what the scale weighs Digger. (Just hold it upside down and look up at it but be careful, that should work)

I think you said in a prior post that since the weight is all the way back it is easy to re-balance the machine by sliding the adjustable arm forwards or backwards. That is nice.

:biggrin: Forgot to mention I would like to know to Randy! :rofl:----That's not bad being right at 16 oz.-----It's comparable in weight to the Sunray X-8 then at 16 oz. (according to a couple of my scales).-----I'd like to have that 6" coil---think I'll see if I can talk mamma into letting me have one! ;)-----------Del

Me too Del. I think I will only need the small and stock coil at first. Interesting to see how that large coil will work in fields as well as how the detector is balanced with it. I think it was Digger who mentioned that when you slide the adjustable arm cup, it rebalances the machine.

You can slide the armcup. And you can adjust the length of the rod assembly. Personally, I end up doing both when I swap out coils. I wear the armstrap fairly snug on my arm. As such, the strap is like a fulcrum. If you change the weight in front of that fulcrum with a different coil or by changing the length of the rod, moving that fulcrum can maintain great balance. HH Randy

what do you do with the detector when getting down to retrieve the target if its strapped to your arm?

BP

I dig left handed and use the detector for balance. With my ailments, balance is an important issue! :stretcher: HH Randy

Do you need to use the arm strap to keep the detector in balance?

No. It has good balance when using the grip. I use the armstrap due to some long term physical conditions. With the armstrap secure (not tight) the CTX is basically suspended by the strap. And it is equally balanced by adjusting the armcup to accommodate the various coils. HH Randy

earthmansurfer said:
Interesting to see how that large coil will work in fields as well as how the detector is balanced with it.

I'd like to hear if that big coil (the one bigger than the stock coil) is showing increases in depth on coin sized targets? I've always figured about the max coil size to still get deeper on coin sized targets was about 13 or maybe 14" in a DD coil. Less than that for a concentric, probably around 10". Might be a stretch for 12" in a concentric in terms of still retaining good sensitivity at depth on coin sized stuff, as DD's appear to hold that coin sized sensitivity at bigger coil sizes. Of course all this has to do with your soil too. I found the SEF 15x12 actually got less depth on coin sized targets in my somewhat mineralized soil than the 12x10, while I've heard others say in their more neutral soil the 15x12 did get them dime sized targets a bit deeper.

Critterhunter said:
earthmansurfer said:
Interesting to see how that large coil will work in fields as well as how the detector is balanced with it.

I'd like to hear if that big coil (the one bigger than the stock coil) is showing increases in depth on coin sized targets? I've always figured about the max coil size to still get deeper on coin sized targets was about 13 or maybe 14" in a DD coil. Less than that for a concentric, probably around 10". Might be a stretch for 12" in a concentric in terms of still retaining good sensitivity at depth on coin sized stuff, as DD's appear to hold that coin sized sensitivity at bigger coil sizes. Of course all this has to do with your soil too. I found the SEF 15x12 actually got less depth on coin sized targets in my somewhat mineralized soil than the 12x10, while I've heard others say in their more neutral soil the 15x12 did get them dime sized targets a bit deeper.

Thx for that comment. Especially the somewhat mineralized soil and larger coil part. My ground is a bit iron mineralized. Not terrible, I have dug quite a few 9" keepers but nothing deeper. That really large coil might be too much like you said, so I'll have to keep an eye out on the reports in similar ground.