Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Does anyone make a lighter weight 8" coil for a Fisher CZ-3D?

That coil has been around forever and most find it not heavy at all..Remember you can hipmount or elect to go with the 5 inch hockey puck. I have never seen or heard of a lighter CZ 8 inch coil myself and have been a CZ fan for over 10 years...

While your on the subject, will my ten inch coil for my cz6a work on a cz3d.
Bob-Mi.

As long as it's a 6A, not the original CZ-6.
HH from Allen in MI
P.S. How do you like that 10.5" coil? I have one for my CZ-5, and love it.

The 10.5 seems a little on the heavy side, but I only used it one time, hunting a very trashy site!
Just got the 3D today, got killed on the pull tabs!
If they were nickles I would be rich..did find two wheat pennys, 34 and a 26.
Thanks, Bob-Mi

with both the 8" and 10.5" coils. My 5" coil, I rod-mount my CZ-5. I find that hipmounting greatly decreases the weight. I also tend to extend the stem out quite a bit to increase the ground covered in my swing, like a White's detector. In a clean area, like sports fields (some of my favorite areas to hunt), I can cover ground fairly quickly.
In junky areas, I have used my 10.5" coil. It's hard work, seperating signals out, but it is possible. Also, the 10.5" is killer on tilted coins and coins "on edge". I've heard it's because the TX coil is so far away from the RX coil, that the RX coil sees a reflected signal from the target easier than the 8" coil does.
Oddly, I don't have that many sites around here that really justify using my 5" coil. Most areas just aren't that junky. Not like back in OK. I was using my 5" and my 10.5" coils, and hardly used my 8".
HH from Allen in MI