Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Does anyone MD Florida beaches

langsy

Does anyone MD florida beaches mainly the west coast with the at pro? and does it ground balnce for you in the dry sand? i have problems with mine GB in dry sand . does anyone find gold on the beaches with the at pro ? i havent been able to find gold may be its bad luck , i do find some aluminum rings and titanium ring but no gold yet. i was told i would miss alot of gold because its a vlf machine does anyone find that to be true? Just frustrated i guess because i cant find any gold rings

Pffffttttt on them!! I've been to the Texas Gulf Coast and mine worked just fine. If you've found titanium, you'll find gold. You just haven't run your coil over it yet. Gold can be a fickle mistress, loves your detector one day and the next...nothing. Best way to tell is to get a gold ring and chunk it (mark that spot!!) into the sand and see if you can find it. I'm finding less and less gold and more and more Stainless Steel, Tungsten Carbide and Titanium rings of late. It should be a law that all rings be made of gold or silver, no exceptions!!

Really. No gold with a vlf?? Found two in dry sand with an ACE 350 and they rang in loud and clear. Just keep at it. I have found plenty of silver with the ATP, why not Gold? Because I haven't run my ATP over any.

There are many good reports out there from people who live in Florida saying there is no mineralization to speak of in Florida sand. There have been inquiries made to Garrett regarding performance in salt water. Some direct quotes from Garrett and the AT Pro in saltwater include; "I would like to share with you some information provided by our engineering department.
First , is the AT Pro ideal for use in both fresh and saltwater ? Yes of course. However , your maximum performance will always be in fresh water.

Second , is the AT Pro equal in both saltwater and fresh water ? Not completely , no.

Third , will the AT Pro perform EQUALLY well at wet salt sand / water beaches detecting SMALL GOLD ? NO.

And fourth , if not , why not ? To condense the answer to this , it is because of the relative conductivity of saltwater and small gold ( they are almost identical ) . You have certain lines of defense to deal with saltwater when engineering a metal detector. Detectors respond to the relative conductivity of targets.( saltwater is conductive and looks like a thin foil to a detector ) You first have to design your coil , we made the DD coil , best for dealing with the highly mineralized salt water and mineralized soils with its narrow search field. It is a form of suppression. Next , there is Ground Balance . It is best described as adjusting a phase or phase shift. The goal is to be able to maintain a search field while basically overlooking or (ignoring ) the surrounding medium yet still finding the preferred targets. . (ie: ground minerals or in this case saltwater). Then you have discrimination. (ie; the pixel notch ) . This is necessary when you are looking for targets that are basically the same conductivity as your search field medium. You must deal with the conductivity of the salt water which is equal to your small gold. It is unlike searching for a needle in a haystack , yet more like searching for a needle in a stack of needles. No current VLF machine can do what you`re asking. Engineers are always creating and experimenting with new ideas. I hope this will help in your quest for answers.

A person can draw their own conclusions from this and many do, however, the part that strikes me is at saltwater beaches searching for small gold is like "searching for a needle in a stack of needles. No current VLF machine can do what you`re asking." Good luck and happy hunting.

When there are hardly any minerals in the ground like in Florida sand it's hard to tell when your machine is balanced, shouldn't make any difference, just hunt. If you aren't getting any feedback from your machine the ground is clean of minerals. You will find the gold with a vlf, I have found plenty......Good luck. John

BigCatDaddy said:
I'm finding less and less gold and more and more Stainless Steel, Tungsten Carbide and Titanium rings of late. It should be a law that all rings be made of gold or silver, no exceptions!!

It should also be a law that anyone carrying cash onto the beach must carry the $1 coins, paper dollars not allowed. Oh and all vendors near the beaches must give back change in $1 coins, not paper money....:lmfao:

Diggin-it said:
BigCatDaddy said:
I'm finding less and less gold and more and more Stainless Steel, Tungsten Carbide and Titanium rings of late. It should be a law that all rings be made of gold or silver, no exceptions!!

It should also be a law that anyone carrying cash onto the beach must carry the $1 coins, paper dollars not allowed. Oh and all vendors near the beaches must give back change in $1 coins, not paper money....:lmfao:
:clapping:
These are great ideas, would help our aficcion and thus, improve the world economy, should now be promulgated by the UN with mandatory and retroactive character. And banning purses and zippers ... and female swimsuits ....:rofl:

And seriously, Langsy companion question, make a test on the beach with a gold ring, in a plastic bag to keep him, at different depths and other objects around, plates, soda rings ... So you will make a full test and you'll learn a lot about your machine.
pathway

I hunt all the time around Daytona and up to Jax. I have little problems getting it to GB but sometimes it does not do well for some reason. At Flagler beaches there is a lot of red "sand" and sometimes that makes it a bit difficult it seems. I have to lower the sens two down from max and raise the iron discrim up to 40 sometimes. Sometimes not. My worst time was up near St. Augustine. I just had a heck of a time. Kept getting signals all the time. Finally decided to dig one, got a bunch of rust flakes. I thought the discrim at 40 would overlook them but it still went off, scratchy, but still sounded. They must come off of ships and then wash up on the beaches. Finally got a real good hit and dug it up. Ha, found a small lead weight used on fishing nets, I'll end up melting that down when I cast some more bullets. Next time got a really big steel nut. I gave up on that beach but want to go back now that I know more about the Pro. It will balance but sometimes not perfectly. Still a great machine for my hunting.