Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Does anyone out there still use a A.H. Pro?

opus

Always wanted one, they were different than what was being offered in the '70's. If anyone has some stats as far as depth and discrimination, even some treasure stories would be welcome!

I liked mine in the 70's I had LED model could be called first pinpointer maybe? I see Kellyco is selling more up to date version.

You might want to check with Ray - Mo, the moderator of the Etrac forum. If I recall correctly he is a former/current A.H. Pro user.

Regards,

Keith

I loved mine. Wish I had never sold it. Also wish I hadn't been so hung up on tab discrimination-but it was the best in this mode. But at foil disc, you could hide coins under a large piece of foil and it would still pick it up. Depth was only about 5" air test and a favorite trick was to lift the coil about an inch in mineralized ground to help with detection in this soil type. Also, it was better to set the disc where the tabs just "clicked" when rejected. The disc control could be rotated way ccw and it was the first true vlf detector and would adjust to the ground minerals. My favorite story? I was at a local fairground and was, as usual, in tab reject.. I got a large but soft signal and automatically thought beer can. I took my knife with a 6" blade and rammed it into the ground-nothing. Cutting out the plug, I rammed it all the way again and got a loud "clack" as the hilt hit the bottom of the hole. I suddenly felt a sick feeling as I realized it had the firmness of a coin. Digging down the 12", I uncovered an 1800's silver dollar with a nice gash in it-ouch! Now, I was still picking up the signal with the coil 1-2" above the ground, so do the math. Whenever someone tells me there's no halo effect, I often go back to this special moment. I often wonder how many great finds I would have if I had not been in tabs all the time. However, this was when tabs kept many hunters out of these infested sites- as evidenced the day I hunted a tab infested school and found over $25 in coins. Special machine.