Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Does anyone still use the Vista RG 1000 V-2?

Guinea

Does anyone still use the Vista RG 1000 V-2? I’ve just ordered one from DeepTech. I also found out via amcjavlin that Plamen named it after his wife Rosi Goergiva which I think is really beautiful! I ordered it because I am very interested in the performance of the different frequencies. When the Vista 1000 V-2 arrives, I will have the full gamut of frequencies in the DeepTech VLF range covered.

A short while back I also ordered the vista relic from them too. The vista Relic is incredibly powerful machine and certainly punches deep in my soil. Alas, my only gripe with DeepTech is that I wish I’d found out about the performance of their detectors much sooner!!!

I have owned one for many years. Javelin and I were some of the first USA users. I have also used the Smart, Gold and Mini Maxx.. I currently use the Vista X. I have been a coin and relic hunter for 51 years. You can't go wrong if you prefere "beep and dig" detectors with the Deep Tech line up. Good hunting.

texkinzee thanks for the reply. It must have been awesome being the first pioneers of DeepTech machines in USA. Like yourself, I also have a strong preference for beep and dig machines too!

It may mean you "can teach old dogs new tricks". I love the X with the addition of the 8' coil. Thanks Richard at Backwoods. I hunt iron infested colonial sites and the smaller Octagon can unmask good targets in the iron patches extremely well. Brandon, aka Javelin was the first to try them. I'm glad to have followed him. My friend Keith does "Tube" videos on them. Keep digging and stay well and safe Guinea.

texkinzee - Keith is a great ambassador for the hobby. I always enjoy watching his videos and reading his posts. I’ve gleaned loads of great tips from watching his videos and reading the stuff he writes. I intend buying the 8” octagon coil and the 14” octagon coil for my Vista X around Christmas, as a present to myself! It’s hammered coins like the one in Keith’s video regarding the 8” coil that we usually search for here in the UK. So, I’m expecting good things from the 8” octagon coil! Likewise, regarding staying safe.

It may mean you "can teach old dogs new tricks". I love the X with the addition of the 8' coil. Thanks Richard at Backwoods. I hunt iron infested colonial sites and the smaller Octagon can unmask good targets in the iron patches extremely well. Brandon, aka Javelin was the first to try them. I'm glad to have followed him. My friend Keith does "Tube" videos on them. Keep digging and stay well and safe Guinea.
[/QUOTE Where is Brandon these days?

this is so cool to read this and humbled in the beggining stages of deeptech which i still have my relic and still use today but i havent been doing the detecting for quite sometime due to hip problems and had friends move away too that we were deeply involved in the hobbie and things had changed and im a 50's rock n roller too and started playing out again and just bought a house last fall and out of the clutches of my ex wife lol next year looking forward to getting back in it

Good to see you javelin

amcjavelin big thanks for being one of the first pioneers to bring attention to the DeepTech machines!

Compared to some of the other bigger metal detector manufacturers DeepTech have certainly came along way in a relatively short space of time both in design and performance of their machines. I definitely see them going from strength to strength in the future! I really like the new slimline control boxes and carbon fibre lower and middle stems which give their newer machines and much more modernistic appearance. Though personally I was never bothered by the shape and appearance of the original control boxes. I always judge a detector by its performance not its aesthetics; and the DeepTech machines certainly have oodles of performance!

Good luck with your metal detecting adventures next year!

also another secret i discovered about DeepTech machines too was if you ran Cal Rad brand cheapo head phones the nuances of the machine coming across certain targets were very inhanced.....or at least wit the older models to my ears, especially aluminum really was nice for me helped tremendously with bottle caps ..use to be when going over the aluminum target just as you start and finish your sweep you would hear a split second spit and the bright tone then another quick spit at the end of the sweep in normal speed

For 20 bucks or so you can not go wrong with a Calrad phone. I used them on all my Nautilus DMC detectors.