Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Does anyone use a Fisher TW-5 ???

Mega

Does anyone on this forum use a Fisher TW-5 ?? i have a complete setup and had it for a few years,the main reason i bought it was its in mint condition and for about a 1/4 of the original price,so pleased with this bargain purchase.

It works a treat exactly as it should do but of course its for specific detecting sites and scenarios,but in my case its 2-3 possible celtic and roman pot hoards,so hence the purchase,will be back again on these sites later on in the year when the crops come off,but have tested it in a test garden enviroment and it certainly is much deeper than say a VLF/Pulse large coil combination.

So does anyone else use one of these Fisher 2 box detecrs or variations,as i understand it the GEMINI 3 is a similar or possibly the same machine and they also could have been produced under various other brand names but not 100% sure about that one.

As mentioned above mine is the complete setup including the alloy carrying bar and also all the clamps for pipe location although that part of these setup will never be used,but that is what came with it.

It would be good to hear from other users on this specific type of machine,seems to have gone out of fashion use wise in recent years i guess mainly due to Pulse machine,but bargains can be had if you shop around and they certainly do have a use in ones detecting arsenal.

As the weather is looking good for this weekend,the plan is to take the TW-5 out for further tests,although it wont be used on a actual site for detecting i have some large object that have been buried down deep for a few years and also its well away from EMI or other forms of interferance.

It seems that most folks no longer use these 2 box machine any more,why i am not really sure,prehaps it they prefer more modern technology or Pulse machines have taken over,not really sure why but i plan on still using mine and i feel that it will be a winner on 3 of my sites that show great hopes of deep artifacts.