Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Does anyone use an F-Pulse pin pointer?

BigTony

I would like to hear basics on how to get used to one?
Won one at a club hunt and just trying to get use to it?
Any tips would be terrific.
Thanks, Tony

I won one a couple of years ago at a club meeting as well. The Hunter GT has a good video showing the operation and setup of the unit. I watched it a couple of times to get a good understanding of the pointer.

I won one a couple of years ago at a club meeting as well. The Hunter GT has a good video showing the operation and setup of the unit. I watched it a couple of times to get a good understanding of the pointer.
You were right “The Hunter GT” video was helpful.
Thanks MidTN
Tony

I use a Fisher. Like the sensor at the end of the pointer, the light and it reaches deeper than my old Garrett. It tends to chatter a bit...but can be eliminated by touching the ground and pushing the on/off button once or twice.

I use a Fisher. Like the sensor at the end of the pointer, the light and it reaches deeper than my old Garrett. It tends to chatter a bit...but can be eliminated by touching the ground and pushing the on/off button once or twice.
Monkeys Uncle, thanks I needed that tip because I haven't been able to get it right. I'll try that tip

Tony

The F-Pulse/Tek-Point is my favorite pinpointer. Set on full sensitivity it will hit 4" deep coin sized targets easily. Set on full sensitivity it will also interfere with detectors so I have learned to not lay may detector down with the coil next to the target I'm recovering. Wet ground and highly mineralized ground will also make it chatter a bit. So will a coin's leftover "halo" occasionally in some plugs and holes. It takes a bit to get used to but I liked it so much I bought another one. I did send my first one in for warranty repair and First Texas fixed it with no questions asked so make sure you register it with FTP. Pinpointers take a beating.

One of my hunting buddies just gave me a new F-Pulse that he got with a detector purchase and already has a Tek-Point, which he uses. I haven't used it yet, glancing over the instructions it appears to have a slight learning curve? :shrug: I think my hard used carrot it about to go dark, so will then see what the F-Pulse is all about. HH jim tn

Monkeys Uncle, thanks I needed that tip because I haven't been able to get it right. I'll try that tip

Tony
BT - Be sure the pointer is "ON" and stick the nose on or in the dirt and push the on/off button once...sometimes twice and the chatter should go away. I usually have to do it 2 or 3 times during a hunt...but it will eliminate the chatter. HH!

Until you get the operation down pat, and you are out in the field and mess up the settings, you can unscrew the end and slide the batteries part way out and quickly back in. This will reset it to the default settings of LED at 70% brightness,Alarm at beep and vibrate, and the Sensitivity at medium. If you carry a Lesche digging tool,it makes a good temporary screwdriver to do this.

The best pointer I have used so far. Carl did a nice job on this one. If it gets a little out of wack ground balance it. I have never had an issue with it. Recoveries are fast and distinct always does a great job.

Old thread now.
Yes, old but still interesting.
My pin pointer seems to work good but after awhile it seems to go funky.
I turn it on to pinpoint and it goes off in the air or on any ground surface before I place it in the hole to locate the target.
I turn it on and off and sometimes wack it with my hand to get it to settle down. Drives me nuts.
Tony

Mine will 'act up' if too close to my Vanquish detector and or will chatter on some occasions. Usually quits if I place the pointer's end on the ground or in the hole and turn the on/off button...off and then back on. On rare occasions, might have to repeat the process a cpl times. When it quits chattering...all works fine. I assume it depends on atmospheric conditions, electrical proximity or grounds mineral composition??? Preceding steps seems to fix it every time. Good luck and HH.