Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Does cold weather affect the SE?

Kidd

Hi all, here in Mass. its about 34 degrees right now. I just got my new Ex SE yesterday and it rocks! Of coarse I have to try it out, cold weather be damned. I noticed the visual response was very slow. Much slower than the audio. I assume this is because of the cold weather, but I am not sure about that. Anyone have any experience that way? And at about what temperature does this become a factor? Thanks for reading, and all you past good avise, Kidd.

I'm new to the exp...I have the SE also but haven't tried it in real cold weather...Sacramento doesn't usually get down to freezing except sometimes at night...Sorry:shrug:

Thanks tomtowns, I've been detecting for over 30 years, but I am somewhat new to the forum. I have always enjoyed the reading. Good bunch of guys here. Kidd

I just got mine a week ago Friday. I was using it in High 40 degree temp so I don't know about the cold. I found a penny and a button sof far! I'm going to use it again tomorrow afternoon. It's supposed to be 50.

but it does me, so I tend to hit the woods where the ground is still suitable and the winds aren't as vicious!

The cold only seems to affect the display, not the audio. The cursor will move much slower and plays catch-up to the audio. Not a big deal as the audio works perfect and you will have no problem still finding the goodies.

Well I know the display was still working at about 18 degrees the other week on a EX 11. Good Luck

Hunted for 3 hours today in the snow and no problems. In fact I found another Large cent. Pretty crusty but one more for the year.
[attachment 42752 clc.JPG]