Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

does fast/deep apply to AMM ferrous sounds?

I was detecting in the woods today in an are that was used as an old dump. I turned on ferrous sounds with no iron reject. It made it real easy to hear where non-ferrous metals were. I use conduct sounds usually in parks like Bryce does. I occured to me that fast on/off applies only when forms of discrimination are used. Is this true? I know deep boosts the volume of weak signals I get that part. but if using all metal there is little masking right? so there is no need to set the speed, fast or normal. Wnyone follow what I'm trying to ask/

Rather the detector is rejecting or not id say Fast still has an affect. Some machines like the DFX has an AM setting that ISNT processed it makes a tone and doesnt try to ID the target. The Explorer targets are all being processed in an attempt to TID. Thou it recovers quickly when not disc the coil still has what Andy discribed as SHUTDOWN TIME. If you have his EXPLORER AND E-TRAC book you can read that on page 30.

Dew

Ok I have the book I will look it over again. I am a new convert to Ferrous mode ans am having luck in the iron trash with it. Thanks