Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Does GB Side to Side Method Work Better..?

fastdraw

I've been detecting 1 year now with my Nox-600, and I have always used the Up & Down ground balance method, and
have perfected this method.
But....! sometimes I can't get a really good ground balance because of heavy trash or heavy mineralized soil,
and I only "Semi-Trust" the Auto Ground Balance option.
Does anybody out there use the "Side to Side" ground balance method with confidence..? It almost seems like a better & more
REALISTIC method of ground balancing than the Up & Down method.

Haven't heard of this, never tried it, never will.
It it is usually not easy to find a tiny clear space to GB over in my challenging dirt, increasing the surface area sounds like it would just make things worse...in my area, anyway.

I have never heard of this method of ground balancing either.
You might want to try tracking mode it areas where you are not sure about your ground balance setting.
Personally, I run multi frequency all the time and have not seen any need to ground balance... just leave it a 0.
Where I detect the ground changes every few feet too yet I see no negative effects of not ground balancing.

This method is recommended by Minelab for highly mineralized situations or high salt levels.

Attachments

• A4793C03-4299-4D93-BD0A-9A5B99600B94.jpeg
    A4793C03-4299-4D93-BD0A-9A5B99600B94.jpeg
    32.4 KB · Views: 77