Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Does Rechargeables work well in the ATPro?

knack4iron

I'm gonna give a ATPro a chance in the morning. Gonna pick it up then. Seen all the hype and after 27 years of relic and a little coin hunting I've used many machines over the span of detecting. Never had much luck with Garretts for camps or coins but they sure loved shell and iron. This'll be the 1st Garrett I've bought since the MH7 came out. So I'll give Garrett another chance.

But the question is how long a rechargeables from Rayovac will last and is there any performance drop?? I went ahead and bought 4 new ones and was curious.

LSD (low self-discharge) rechargables work just fine with the AT Pro. Higher upfront cost than alkalines, but significantly cheaper in the long run.

Never used Rayovacs, but Eneloops give a similar number of hours compared to name brand alkalines. Operating performance is no different between rechargables and alkalines.

Thanks for the response. I had tried Recharges way back and just don't trust them in cold weather. Didn't know if they've upped their game since. But then everything gets tweaked with time. AA alkalines are cheap but recharges are even cheaper in the long run and thought about using them.

I have run all of my AT Pros on rechargeable batteries from day one and am very happy. 2 Full seasons with no issues and my hunts are always at least 8 hours Just use a good brand.

I had been using then the NiMH came out and I switched. I have detected from Iceland to the Caribbean with no problems. I run NiMH cells in 6 different detectors including the ATPro and ATX. I recharge them when I hit more then 8 hours hunting time. Why? I am not always positive they would last for another 4+ hour hunt, usually the max salt water hunt time. As for temp...I detect all year, trying to stay in above 32F air temp and salt water temp above 38F.

Others that detect in colder temps have gone and wrapped their ATPro up with a chemical hand warmer next to it's case. And they have great success in keeping the detector warm.

I use only quality brand batteries...any AA cell above a 2650mAh is suspect. Physical size limitations of the chemicals required to produce the cell do not allow manufacturing with a higher rating. Some cheap cells rated at 3000 actually measured less than 1000mAh.

There is a lengthy post/thread in the ATX forum -- about a year ago, search and you will find!

Good luck, Buy quality and Swing slow.