Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Does running single freq draw more power?

Ronstar

Changed to running 4khz today and noticed battery draw went down drastically. Thoughts?

Changed to running 4khz today and noticed battery draw went down drastically. Thoughts?
I don't have a Legend, but I have an Anfibio Multi. My battery life is just about cut in half when running 5khz. I hunt a similar spot to where you had your big day and there are spots at my place where you can only use the low frequency because of emi. I cannot use my higher frequencies at this spot. My Etrac is not happy at this particular spot. Looks like you are starting to bond with the Legend.

Thanks RLOH! I was concerned maybe something was on that I didnt want but that was not it. That left me with either a defective battery or running single dumps power. Good to know.

Running a single freq. doesnt draw more power. Its how low your freq. is running at. In my Nokta Impact instruction manual it tells you that useing 5khz. will will shorten the time your battery will last. Not that big of a problem if your useing rechargeables.

I also have been noticing when running 4 (more so than 10 or 15) and then returning to M1 that the battery meter will often go back up. I was down to one bar in 4khz and once I was out of the EMI and back to M1 the meter went back up one bar to two.

Today, intentionally ran detector on 4khz until Lo message appeared and detector turned off. Restarted and switched to M1 and after about 30-45 seconds one battery bar reappeared and I continued on for nearly an hour before I had to quit.