Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Does The Gamma....

Miser67

...save your settings when you turn the unit off?

"...save your settings when you turn the unit off?"

No, but it's fast and easy to set it up again. Usually 15 seconds or less. Of course you'd have to remember the settings you want.

Joe

No but it take 10 seconds to be hunting,I wouldn't change a thang.

But is it a "turn on and go" machine that has pre-set at turn on with factory settings ?? Hopefully the Omega 8000 is ready to go when you turn it on ?? Thanks.... ...Eugene

The Gamma has 'preset factory settings' that will work as a 'turn on and go' machine. However, they may not be exactly what you want or need for what you're trying to do or where you're hunting. For example, the initial ground balance setting may not be anywhere near what it needs to be for the ground where your hunting. So, you really need to ground balance the unit every time you use it somewhere. On the other hand, it may work just as well without ground balancing as a unit that doesn't have adjustable ground balance capabilities. The discrimination settings may not be exactly what you want, either, although it will work fine with the preset settings for that. The gain may not be as high as you want it, but it will work fine with that factory preset setting, maybe with a bit less depth.

My father has never used a detector in his life. I loaned him one of my Gammas, with the manual so that he could read the manual and play with the machine, and then showed him some basics (such as how to ground balance it), and his reaction to it has been "it's pretty easy to use". I do some software development for a living and one of my 'pet peeves' about software is the 'user interface'. So much software is written with very poor user interfaces, where's it's just not intuitive to use it. That includes devices that are 'software driven', such as metal detectors. In my opinion, the Teknetics Gamma is a very well designed detector, with a very easy-to-learn 'user interface', especially when you consider how much flexibility it has in it's functionality (basically, user programming).

So, yes, it will work pretty much as a 'turn on and go' machine, but with just a little bit of learning, you can easily set it up within a few seconds, to do a great job of finding deeper targets.

John