Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Does this mean I'm going to have special powers? :)

DavefromCt

I went detectin' and threw my finds on the desk and two landed on edge! There was an old episode of the twilight zone where a coin landed on edge and gave the guy power to hear everyone's thoughts until it finally fell flat. Well, whatever special powers I would've had they didn't last because right after taking the photo I knocked 'em down....oh well...maybe I don't want to know what y'all are thinking anyway!
The medal is aluminum I think and the oldest thing I got was a 1941 penny. I was getting frustrated today because I got all kinds of errors....lots of positive numbers in the red but I'm ignoring them. One thing I noticed is that the coin program would keep giving a positive number in the red and wouldn't change but when I changed programs to something else it gives a different number which was correct. When I switch back to the coin program, up comes the same positive number in the red again!! Well I finally settled on a general program I really like and that's the relic with 2.5 freq, 15 gain and tx boost on....no tone ID, and turned down to 42 volume with the delay set about 50 speed around 10. No modulation and only vco for pinpointing. That seems to do the job for me right now.

Heck, you should have had a talk with the V3 while those coins were on end. It probably would have given you some mighty fine answers to questions you have!!:rolleyes:

Yep, it could've given me some insider's secrets! Oh well, I think we all know that experience will eventually teach us what we want to know, I hope!.

Amen to that:detecting:

Sorry but no mind reading powers for you as that was a silver coin in the Twilight Zone episode, clad just does not work. :(

Last winter I watched all of the original TZ episodes (my wife got me the complete DVD set last year) and when they showed coins I always try to see what coins they are using. One episode I liked was about an addicted gambler in Las Vegas - seeing all those real silver coins come out of a slot machine was pretty cool.

Good finds anyways :)