Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Doing some research, I read about a power boost on the standard T2 in Disc at settings of 5 and 40

colt

Any chance my T2 Ltd has the same power boost along with the bp and CL. It seems to me when I was playing with settings yesterday I did notice a performance difference when playing with my T2 Ltd Disc at those settings, but it was my first hunt with the T2 Ltd, so it could have been wish full thinking. I could not use the boost mode at the site I was at, due to high trash and high mineralization.

Colt

You are right about a boost kicking in at 5 and 40 but the boost that kicks in is not the same as the boost mode on the SE model. I believe that the boost that kicks in on the regular T2 is that the setting on the pre-amp gain in the audio circuit is increased or decreased as you change the discrim and go past those numbers.

The boost mode on the SE model does more than that, as the manual says something to the effect that you loose some response time when you engage those modes and so the machine is running a different software program that takes longer to run, presumabably to do more signal processing to the target signal. The cache mode decreases the response time even more and so its software program takes the longest to run.

Going past those discrim settings on the regular T2 doesn't have any effect of the response time so they are different modes between the 2 machines. First Texas won't release any specifics of what the changes in the software programs are, as they consider that proprietary information and don't want the other manufacturers to know what they are doing. For the record the T2 SE also has its processor set at a higher clock rate than the regular T2 and so can excute its software faster.