Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Doing the happy dance......

rob.ream258

The last 5 hunts have been the best I've had in a long time. Having employment issues and living in "vacation land" I couldn't help but hitting the beach for some fun.

I learned something.......hit the beach hard in the evening just when the vacationers are leaving and go real slow over the areas where their tents / towels were. Found the chain a few hours ago and I still have some of the sand on my feet.

The gold chain gave a odd sound but I've learned to dig everything that isn't foil.....still can't stop myself from digging the bottle caps though I know 99% what it will be.

Finally getting a chance to use my "happy dance"

For those that may want to know.....I had to drop down the DE though I could run 80% - 90% (F75) .... boost made way too much noise....

Those kind of finds make it fun. Nice going. White sand and background look familiar. Destin area? HH jim tn

NICE bodacious jewelry & Merc finds and thanks for letting us know the settings you used on your machine. Thank you for the pictures and story & wish you many more while out sand & dirt fishin.

Texas ED

jim tn said:
Those kind of finds make it fun. Nice going. White sand and background look familiar. Destin area? HH jim tn

Good guess.....just down the road at St. Andrews State park. Thankfully they don't mind MD'rs as long as they stay in the sand. One could lose their equipment fast if they ventured into the camping or wildlife areas. I think they understand that we also remove dangerous items like broken glass, can slaw, and fishing hooks. I try to grab all the bottle caps and pull tabs just to clean the area but there is no way to pick all the garbage......vacationers are getting really bad leaving crap everywhere.

I'm heading down to Destin in about a month. After admiring your finds, for a while, could you take them back to Destin and re-plant them for ME to find???

Yep, very nice area and am aware of the no hunting in their State Parks. This hot weather makes for a lot of jewelry getting lost around water and sand. HH jim tn

loot_ n_al said:
I'm heading down to Destin in about a month. After admiring your finds, for a while, could you take them back to Destin and re-plant them for ME to find???

Take them back.........hhmmm........nope. Pirates never give away their loot unless the wife steals them.

Sounds like fun.....Destin is quite "up scale" so the quality of finds should be good. In my experience here in Panama City, most (tons) of the MD'rs hit the beach in morning but very few / none hit the beach around 5pm. Just learned that tip this summer....hit the beach when the other MD'rs aren't there. Most the vacationers are worn out by 4 so I just hit the dry stuff where their canopies and towels were when the masses leave....fun fun fun....

Speaking of Destin, does anyone ever hunt at "Crab Island"? I'm not a water hunter, so it's not something I plan to do. But, considering the masses of people out there with lots of flowing alcohol, there HAS to be some bling (and maybe a person or two) waiting to be found.

Anyone ever hit that area, with any luck?

loot_ n_al said:
Speaking of Destin, does anyone ever hunt at "Crab Island"? I'm not a water hunter, so it's not something I plan to do. But, considering the masses of people out there with lots of flowing alcohol, there HAS to be some bling (and maybe a person or two) waiting to be found.

Anyone ever hit that area, with any luck?

I haven't......there is waaaay too much sand between here and there.....