Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Don't ever do what I did :nono::rage::cry::ukflag:

Craig

I just got back from 2 1/2 weeks in the U.K. . I didn't take my detectors with me:cry:. My Wife gave me a Christmas Present of a trip to the U.K.. We had other friends go with us. Rented a VW Van and drove all over Scotland and England. No one I was with likes to Metal detect:cry:. As I sat in the van looking at all the fields and woods I imagined myself detecting:rage:. One drawback was that it was one of the coldest winters they have had in a long time(Global warming :rant:) One newspaper called it the New Ice Age ! I guess it would have been too cold to detect anyway:rant:. Okay, so I am looking to go back again in the spring, summer or fall and take my detectors with me! Anyone recommend someone with knowledge about metal detecting laws, places to go etc... in the U.K.:ukflag:. Where I live I am lucky to find something that been in the ground for maybe a 100 years. I guess in the U.K. it's nothing to find a target a 1000 years or older. :yikes:

That would be some good detecting in old old sites.......hh........Dan

Global warming ey? Does someone have Al Gore's phone number so I can have him come shovel my driveway?

Craig i feel you pain. On a road trip 2 years ago from Mass to Florida and back hit a detour and
driving side roads through the the south . When we stopped for gas i had to wash the drool
off the window.
To outsiders i must have looked like a dog with peanut butter on the glass.:drool::lmfao:

They have Antiquity laws over there that you should look into. Some of the ads in the treasure magazines list people in Europe who sat up tours for metal detectorists.
Maybe you will meet someone on this forum who will help you out. I met someone on the Garrett forum in Holland who was going to meet me for some metal detecting, but unfortunately I had to cancel the trip due to illness. Good luck and happy hunting.

McDave said:
Global warming ey? Does someone have Al Gore's phone number so I can have him come shovel my driveway?

No, But! Al claims to have "invented the internet" so he shouldn't be hard to find! :rofl:

HH Rick