Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Don't hate me 'cause I'm beautiful!

HEBEGB

I found my first silver last weekend in a park about 15 miles away using my new to me Gamma 6000 @ about 6 inches. A 42D Merc. It was my first outing with both my Gamma and Omega. I must say that I am impressed with both machines. I know that cleaning is a NoNo, but I just couldn't help it with this Merc. I could see that there was a lot of detail beneath the swirling tarnish that covered her, so I used some Eagle One polish to take that off. Wow, am I ever happy! I will, most likely, never get rid of her, so I don't care that she has been cleaned. Here she is . . . Oh yeah, her younger brother ain't bad either (53 Rosie)!

Way to go! I am swinging an Omega from last week.

common date merc!..doesn't matter anyway!..looks "super!"

(h.h!)
j.t.

I know, but I took a chance. I couldn't tell if it was 42 over 41 with all of the tarnish on it. I guess that in a way it was good, but it sure would have been nice to have to have a double die!

cleanin' 'em is NOT the "smart play!" as you are aware,however
you got away with it,so all is good!

(h.h!)
j.t.

You know, if you told me beforehand you were going to clean that Mercury with a wadding polish, I would have implored you not to do it.

But that merc looks beautiful, downright proof-like.

That rosie looks beautiful too, although not proof-like. What did you use to clean that one?

The Eagle One polish isn't a wading polish, it's more like a cream with "micro-nano blah, blah, blah technology". Whatever it is that's in there, it works! I used it on the rosie as well, but only had to polish it about half as much as the merc because it didn't have the swirling tarnish that the merc was inflicted with. I know, the merc has too much luster, but God she sure looks good the way that she is now. I went back to that same spot yesterday and found a '42 quarter, a '39 wheatie, and a '44 wheatie (both in pretty poor condition). All three were found with my Omega with the 11" coil. The cool thing is that the quarter and the '44 wheatie were found in the same hole (the wheatie was down at 8.5" and the quarter was about 3" off to the side of it and on it's edge at about 5"). The Omega's TID was bouncing from 80, 81 (dime) to 86, 87 (quarter). Pretty damn good separation if you ask me. This is only the second time that I have hunted this park and my club president (who turned me onto this site) had told me that this park has been hunted hard over the years. It has been dry as a bone for the last couple of months, and a lot of hunters in this park are using high dollar MineLabs. Let's all give a little praise to Teknetics for "keeping up with the Jonse's" when everyone else has forgotten about the "Smith's".

marcomo said:
You know, if you told me beforehand you were going to clean that Mercury with a wadding polish, I would have implored you not to do it.

But that merc looks beautiful, downright proof-like.

That rosie looks beautiful too, although not proof-like. What did you use to clean that one?