Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Don't Let an Overload Signal Cost You a GOLD RING

David53

I purchased an F75 around two weeks ago. Yesterday I took off the Stock Coil and replaced it with a 5"DD Coil. Then I conducted several air tests before I went to a school to do some detecting. During these Air Tests as long as my Sensitivity was at least 30, I receive an Overload Signal Sound 100% of the time whenever a Nickel or a Gold Ring touched the Coil or was less than an inch from the Coil. If I lowered the Sensitivity to 29 or less no matter what process I used, I did not receive an Overload Signal when I placed a Nickel or Gold Ring up against the Coil or in very close proximity to it.

This Tip came in handy when I was detecting at the school while my Sensitivity was set at 60 because I received an Overload Signal Sound and Instead of walking away, I checked to see what had produced the Overload Signal Sound and sure enough, it was a Nickel located on top of the ground. Had I not tested conducted the Air Tests, before, I would have never have checked to see what was causing the Overload Signal Sound. Instead, I would have assumed it was a trashy target and walked away $.05 poorer or if the Nickel had been a Gold Ring, I would have ignored it as well possibly missing the find of a Life Time.