Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Don't let your batteries get too low on the AT PRO. Lesson learned today.

Been using my AT Pro for a while now with the batteries that came with it. Been down to one bar on the battery indicator now for a while and well today the AT Pro went berzerk after about an hour of hunting today. I thought it went bad as the noise and screen were going crazy and I couldn't get it to turn off at all. I finally pulled out the battery pack and it shut down. Whew!! I had a set of fresh batteries on me in my digging pouch so I replaced them and she turned right on BUT WHAT A SURPRISE it was now hitting real hard on targets and way louder too so I guess even though the other batteries were low and the machine was working it wasn't at it's full potential. Word to the wise DON'T let your batteries get too low as it seems to maybe affect the performance sound wise. I do remember reading that it says in the manual that when the batteries get down to one bar showing on the screen replace them right away and that I shall do from now on dilligently. Man it seems like it's blasting my ears now when it hits on a signal compared to what I was hearing before and I use the Garrett waterproof headphones for the AT Pro land hunting.

Good to know. I never run my batteries down that low. I use recharge-ables and usually change them when the bars go down one or two.

I have two sets of rechargeables and two chargers. I make two hunts 10-16 hours then put in the other set. Those that I take out I then put in my sons "nerf dart gun" and leave it running to run the batteries all the way down so they don't get a "memory" and then put them on the charger.

Don't forget the Garrett ProPointer either, they need love too :rofl:......mine gets a whole lot quieter as the battery starts going south. I assume it's ability to "point" are better with fully charged batteries also. I use it ALOT :thumbup:like it gets a new Energizer battery every TWO weeks. The first time the low battery warning came on I thought I was being backed over by a YUK truck.......:rofl:

Been pondering getting 9 volt rechargeables and charger.

HH

QH

Great advice all. I'm down to three bars and will now replace at two.

I let mine go down to 1 bar too, put new ones in today and it seemed a lot louder, it still worked ok with one battery, it just wasn't as loud

quarterhorse said:
I have two sets of rechargeables and two chargers. I make two hunts 10-16 hours then put in the other set. Those that I take out I then put in my sons "nerf dart gun" and leave it running to run the batteries all the way down so they don't get a "memory" and then put them on the charger.

Don't forget the Garrett ProPointer either, they need love too :rofl:......mine gets a whole lot quieter as the battery starts going south. I assume it's ability to "point" are better with fully charged batteries also. I use it ALOT :thumbup:like it gets a new Energizer battery every TWO weeks. The first time the low battery warning came on I thought I was being backed over by a YUK truck.......:rofl:

Been pondering getting 9 volt rechargeables and charger.

HH

Rechargable AA batteries are not that expensive, a set of 4 with a charger runs $7 - $10,