Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Don't see anything on the fisher F19,

The Fisher F19 seems to be a very good machine in mineralized soil, and goes pretty deep. Does anyone use the Fisher F19?

I use the F19 for coin shooting and like how the little machine can seperate out good targets in high trashed areas. I like the voltage controlled oscillator which helps to interpret the signal strength - target size & depth. When I am in a area where very little jewelry has been found I can use the notch & set up just for nickel - dimes/copper & quarters hunting. Light weight & well balanced and for a old man like me & does not wear me out. Soil in my area is not high mineralized & ground balances very low around mid 20 where my F75 around 47. Most of all I like the speed odometer style display with numbers - it's very easy to set up and a blast to use. Depth is not the greatest quarters around 8" & dimes 6"+ - anyway I always bring it on each of my outings with my either my F75 - CZ-3D or ATP. Hardly ever had EMI problem & it likes gold jewelry.

Texas ED

Thanks for the reply, I am a little disappointed that it will only go 6+ on a dime in low mineralization. I was thinking about buying one, but probably won"t now.

Don't know much about the F19, haven't read much about the lack of depth but if owners say it is true it might be.
As a relic machine in all metal I assume the depth might surpass disc but again, no experience.
What I do have experience with is the F70, a cousin to the F75.
I have 3 Fisher coils, the elliptical concentric, the small DD sniper and the big DD F75 coil.
I also have many hours hunting in two completely different kinds of dirt...the almost perfect low mineralized Midwest type in Kansas and Missouri and the red devil dirt here in Birmingham AL. and most of my sites also have an unusual amount of extra iron mixed in.
GB numbers in Kansas averaged in the 40's to low 50's with maybe one bar on the dirt meter... if that, many sites no bars at all.
In the south I can get 70'-low 80's in ground balancing and lots of time pegged out on the dirt meter at a full 3 bars.

In Kansas all my coils could get deep, the concentric and the sniper easily hit the 10" mark and even more, the big DD past that by a few inches although 98% of my deeper targets still hovered about 6-7"...but not all.

Here in the SE. I have worked hard to get as deep as possible because there seems to be a wall here at 5" in the red stuff that prevents most detectors from getting decent ID's past that point in the really bad areas, all the iron infused into lots of our soil including the darker black stuff also limits depth.
I found that I can get deeper than that and ID good targets pretty well but it took learning a whole new language and set of target behavior to do it and it surprised the heck out of me when I realized I could do this.
Curiously, all 3 of my coils can reach about the same depths down to about 8" so far with pretty accurate ID info, deeper actually on some targets but much more jumpier and those I have taken the time to dig were always iron so far.
Again I have found bucket list coins and other targets here that were severely masked and they also hovered mostly in the 5-6" depth level.
I have dug a couple of great older targets deeper at the 7-8" level also, that is rare around here but I am thrilled I have a detector capable of doing this...with practice and experience.
Using disc and not all metal I found a super worn V nickel with my sniper coil every bit of 7.5-8" deep, a friend that hunts with me sometimes and uses an E Trac looked at the coin, looked at the small coil then looked at the depth of the hole I found it which was still opened and just shook his head in amazement.

I don't dig all targets to find these things, far from it, so I just worked on figuring out how to recognize and target the better, more higher percentage signals if I am digging deeper holes and I still get fooled by iron from time to time, deep pull tabs once in a while too, but for the most part I have been much more than successful than I thought possible but it did take some effort to learn how.
Well worth the time spent as far as I am concerned.

The F19 has all those cool features like iron audio, V break plus that higher frequency which I don't have but I still figured out settings and techniques to hunt in all kinds of sites including massive iron and find all kinds of great targets from low to high on the conductivity scale...gold to silver included.

If you are interested in Fishers the F70/F75 platform might be something to put on the list to consider also.
The T2 is another cousin built on the same platform but with a much larger adjustable iron range and slight programming tweaks and a different VDI numbering scale...but similar.

Coinhunter2 I also have the Fisher F75 SE with Boost Process & Cashe modes and if you are looking for depth this would be the best investment for you if it is within your budget. I have three coin - jewelry & trash gardens with each item starting at 3" to 8" and a1946 SLQ & a1926 merc at 8.5" and I do practice - the F19 will pick up on the SLQ quarter & merc dime & give a fair reading but the 8" & 7" clad dime reading I probably would just move on. Now the F75 will pick up on all of these targets and tell you what's below the coil and in trashy areas the 11" coil is still amazing and I have picked out quarters & dimes that I though was impossible. I also have the 5" DD for the F75 and it's depth will surprise you. It's all about soil conditions - coil speed - proper head phones - ears & your brain to decipher the targets that are starting to get pass you machines detecting range. However the targets within the F19's range it will lock on and not deviate - I do not detect in all metal and I will try it and let you know what the results are. On the F75 in BP mode I can put the sensitivity at 20 & still pick up the silver quarter & dime. Anyway what ever machine you decide on I wis you many great finds.

Texas ED

Texas Ed said:
I use the F19 for coin shooting and like how the little machine can seperate out good targets in high trashed areas. I like the voltage controlled oscillator which helps to interpret the signal strength - target size & depth. When I am in a area where very little jewelry has been found I can use the notch & set up just for nickel - dimes/copper & quarters hunting. Light weight & well balanced and for a old man like me & does not wear me out. Soil in my area is not high mineralized & ground balances very low around mid 20 where my F75 around 47. Most of all I like the speed odometer style display with numbers - it's very easy to set up and a blast to use. Depth is not the greatest quarters around 8" & dimes 6"+ - anyway I always bring it on each of my outings with my either my F75 - CZ-3D or ATP. Hardly ever had EMI problem & it likes gold jewelry.

Texas ED

Ground balances around 20!!! My goodness that is low. I can never get mine below about 65 with my F5. Typically it's between 65-73. Anyway, I'm curious about the F19 myself. Seems the ID is more stable than just about anything First Texas has come out with in the last few years. All my F5 DD coils would be compatible as well which is a huge plus.

I've got the Goldbug, which is similar to the F19, without some of the features, but with a 11" DD coil. As dfmike says, the ID is really stable. The Goldbug goes really deep as well, you just have to ignore the loud tones and hunt for the soft high tones whispers. I've found really good targets hunting that way

I have the F19 as well as the F75. I would never give up the F75 but the F19 has taken the place of the F75 for my coin hunting in trashy parks. I really do like the F19 for coin hunting. I set up the notch width to 1 and set it at 58. I played around with the notch width and most use a width of 3 to 5 but with my setting I am getting more nickels than I have ever got with any other detector. The V break is useful and has it's place but I do not use it. The F19 really hits solid on the coins and even in trashy parks the separation and recovery speed is great. I dig very few crown caps because the F19 skips over most of them without giving a signal and when you learn the F19 the crown caps give numbers that vary too much to dig but a few will get by and the ones that do are usually flat and old. As far as depth, others will probably give good info on that but where I hunt is a newer area and depth is not that important for me. Most coins I get are only 2 to 3 inches deep and the F19 bangs great on them. The only time I put the F19 into all metal is when I GB it so I can not report on the all metal mode. The weight at 2.2 lbs makes the detector a joy to use and the single 9v battery lasts for many hours. The F19 is a great detector.

It seems to go deep enough for a machine without a boost process of some kind. Here is an experienced detectorist getting good ID on a 10 inch dime in bad dirt. Notice he is using the 11 DD coil though. That was in discrimination mode. I wonder how far it could go with a Nel Tornado or Detech Ultimate on it. It gives some really wicked numbers in air tests on DirtFishing's youtube channel.

https://youtu.be/o2GtZaHUn1M