Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Dont set your tone break too high!

too3zln

Went out last week and thought I'd hit up an old park in my area dating back to the late 1800s. I'm sure this park has been hunted to death as I didn't find much except tons of can slaw, some zincs, and a few coppers. I worked an area where the had done some work to more the old stone retaining wall so digging was very easy.

I came across a good signal, 11 on the Legend. Thought can slaw right away, but this had a slightly softer sound to it and did not jump much at all. Rotating on it, it went would only jump up towards 13, but was a otherwise a soft sounding 11. Only 3 inches down I popped out a ring. No rust on it but thought it might be junk. It looked old. Took it home and cleaned it up and sure enough 14k is stamped on the inside, and it has a small stone, assuming diamond, set inside some other gold(assuming) giving it the appearance of a larger stone.

Long story short, don't set your tone break too high! I lowered mine down to 7 after I found that ring as I fear there has been many small gold missed in that area.

1.11 park, M2, A metal, recovery speed 10, sensitivity 23.
20230816_171707.jpg
20230816_211022.jpg
20230816_212843.jpg
20230816_213646.jpg

Nice. I think I have mine set right at 11. Why back if off all the way to 7, I don't think you are likely to find many gold rings much smaller than the one you dug at 11.

I will only use that low of a tone break for that park to try and pick out what others might have missed. Gold can come in anywhere from 7 all the way up from what I'm reading.

GOLD, Congrats!
Considering how much foil you're going to dig I don't think it's worth it. Any gold you may find will be so small it won't amount to much $. If you just enjoy digging it all for what others will miss, then great. I knew a guy and heard of an elderly lady that would dig EVERYTHING, they found a butt-load of rings. 👍

GOLD, Congrats!
Considering how much foil you're going to dig I don't think it's worth it. Any gold you may find will be so small it won't amount to much $. If you just enjoy digging it all for what others will miss, then great. I knew a guy and heard of an elderly lady that would dig EVERYTHING, they found a butt-load of rings. 👍
Coming from a Vaquero, I am used to listening to the audio and digging a little more than I should and am treating this Legend in a similar fashion.

Nice ring.
Though I'm curious why you run recovery at 10.
I run mine around 5.
Everything I've read,seen and done so far shows depth loss the higher you set recovery speed.

I'm not looking to dig deep in this hard and dry summer dirt. A few inches is good enough right now. I can still get around 5 inches in my dirt with a relatively fast swing with it set to 10.