Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Double Standing Last Weekend

floodplaindetector

My Niece got married in Nebraska last weekend and I was able to do a little swinging and hit 3 parks on the way before it snowed again on the day of the wedding.
There was partial snow cover down in that area. The ground was actually softer (still pretty stiff as I always use a hand digger) than I thought it would be in the open areas and I could get my hand digger in so I was game to get some exercise
The 2 SLQs were about 8 inches deep and found at the same site. Initially I didn't think there was anything to find as I knew the dirt had been moved around and signals were sparse.
I then hit an old "National" Screw cap about a foot deep which told me there could be old deep targets so I decided to work the area pretty hard and was rewarded the 2 quarters.
The 1925 quarter was partially masked from one direction but then really screamed when I turned on it.
The sterling silver medal has some weight to it and rang out like a silver dime and I was happy to get that also.

I hit a another site where everything was really deep. I was able to run in Manual 29 sensitivity at this site and ended up hitting the mercury dime and 5 wheat pennies there. Every coin came close to burying the depth gauge @ about
11 inches. The old cover at the bottom of the group finds picture is a lead back cover.
I also pulled a 2008 presidential dollar and 12 clad quarters.
Was a fun time for it being January.
Thanks for looking.
Dave
StandingObverse.jpg
StandingReverse.jpg
SilverMedalObverse.jpg
SilverMedalReverse.jpg
GroupShot.jpg