Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Double whammy day

Ronstar

Its been awhile since I’ve been on here!! But I blew the dust off my F5 and his the university where I live as its pretty much empty and devoid of students. I hit a volleyball pit and the main sand bunker was empty, but not the edge! Recovered a nice Catholic five way pendant and necklace chain marked as 925 and a small wrist or ankle bracelet marked Made in Italy and also 925. The adjoining grassy area coughed up almost $7 in clad as well. Next day I went back and continued on to the next grassy area between the buildings. Dug my first Kennedy half dollar (1972) and then an heart stopping find, a 1943S Liberty Walking half dollar! This area supposedly has had several detectors over it in the last few years.....
Then, a few days later, I went out onto the large intramural play fields and dug what I thought was my first all gold mens ring. It was big and fairly heavy!! Wasn’t until I got home that the trusty loupe identified it as Tungsten Carbide, I’m still trying to research value but not much info so far. So thats my socially distancing endeavors so far!

Attachments

• 8A4B3176-73A7-48EA-85F7-DB2451F8DD28.jpeg
    8A4B3176-73A7-48EA-85F7-DB2451F8DD28.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 157
  • 9998D082-7800-42E3-8774-FABF1A9B9762.jpeg
    9998D082-7800-42E3-8774-FABF1A9B9762.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 154
  • 16CE7526-28E7-4D09-BBF6-83C2DE0E827B.jpeg
    16CE7526-28E7-4D09-BBF6-83C2DE0E827B.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 161
Its been awhile since I’ve been on here!! But I blew the dust off my F5 and his the university where I live as its pretty much empty and devoid of students. I hit a volleyball pit and the main sand bunker was empty, but not the edge! Recovered a nice Catholic five way pendant and necklace chain marked as 925 and a small wrist or ankle bracelet marked Made in Italy and also 925. The adjoining grassy area coughed up almost $7 in clad as well. Next day I went back and continued on to the next grassy area between the buildings. Dug my first Kennedy half dollar (1972) and then an heart stopping find, a 1943S Liberty Walking half dollar! This area supposedly has had several detectors over it in the last few years.....
Then, a few days later, I went out onto the large intramural play fields and dug what I thought was my first all gold mens ring. It was big and fairly heavy!! Wasn’t until I got home that the trusty loupe identified it as Tungsten Carbide, I’m still trying to research value but not much info so far. So thats my socially distancing endeavors so far!
Congrats--grassy areas are always good for detecting; especially, where students & workers gather to eat their lunches on nice weather days & or nights & also for walks to breathe fresh air! (y) Ma Betty

Nice job ronstar!!! I remember my first walker. I believe I looked around and done a happy dance!!! hhrickinm

Ronstar, I also run the F5, have now for 6 years, love that rig.
Liberty Walking half dollar is sweet, should have come in around 92 on the screen?

Yes, 92/93!!! Not my first silver but definitely that one had me up and doing the Irish jig!!!!!! University was pretty easy to get written permission, their only request was no deeper that 8” on manicured lawn areas. So far, over that last 5 years I have nearly brought up $300 in clad, about $3 in silver and nearly 25 .925 rings!! I dont think anyone else is really dirt fishing here.

Finding $3 in silver and nearly 25 rings is very good. Sounds like a nice local spot you can hit when you only have a few hours to hunt. Finding 2 half dollars in the same area does make it seem like no one else has hunted it very hard.

Looks like you got a sweet spot there!
comgrats on those finds, those are only getting harder to come by.
👍

Congrats on some very nice finds ! You had a great day, big silver, good clad count and a ring. Doesn’t get much better than that !

I have developed a theory regarding the large university “ball fields” (one is actually an old practice football field now used for marching band practice). Most of the jewelry was found in linear lines along side the soccer/flag football sidelines. They sometimes use the white field chalk to outline the fields. This area is large enough to support 4-6 fields. In the summer time they have football and soccer or lacrosse camps for high schoolers.
I think the student take off their jewelry, place it on top of the gym bags and go play. I think (my opinion) that when it gets dark they simply grab the bags and take off for the nearby dorm rooms forgetting the jewelry was loose on top. I cannot fathom rings simply falling off and there just is no winter activity on the field (cold finger fall offs).
Best part off these fields is they seem to be self replenishing with each new freshmen crop!