Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Down Deep

Topdecker

I got out for about 90 minutes tonight. I decided to re-scan a lawn that l had previously covered in the hope that I would catch some easy masked targets. No such luck.

Instead of hitting masked targets, the Deus went deep. I recovered an 8" deep 1919 wheat. And a few minutes later I pulled a V nickel and a barber quarter at about 9".

three_clark.jpg

My confidence and happiness levels are really high with the Deus - I don't want to swing anything else

Hey Topdecker--

Awesome to hear that your confidence (and finds!) continues to grow. You are really rocking it. Recently found a pretty cool skeleton key along with additional wheat pennies. I WILL get silver out of this park eventually! :)

Take care,
Rich

If it is there, you'll find it :) That you are getting wheaties should mean silver is right around the corner.

I don't think that I've dug more than 3 or 4 skeleton keys ever, so congrats on that.

Niiiiice!

I keep telling people that the 9 inch coil on the Deus can reach coins at 9 inches deep but I believe they think I am lying.

Here's to more goodies in your future!

pescadore said:
Nice Finds !! The Deus is a great machine. Sounds like you have some settings that are working for you. Did you get an accurate ID at that depth?

I did not get an accurate ID, but it remained pretty stable and sounded right. I will say that the quarter is terribly thin / worn and I pulled a nickel from the same hole. But it checked in closer to a dime once the nickle was removed.

To me it seems like TID goes a bit off kilter once you pass 5 or 6 inches - and I don't mind it it. It does a fine job of letting me know it is small and deep with the audio while the horse-shoe confirms the depth.

pulltabMiner said:
Niiiiice!

I keep telling people that the 9 inch coil on the Deus can reach coins at 9 inches deep but I believe they think I am lying.

Here's to more goodies in your future!

I know it can get down there first hand - it is awesome. It has me considering how to raise the gob of loot for the 11" coil or the bigger 13" coil. I guess I need to read up on the merits of either coil.

I'm in the same boat about raising the loot for the 11" coil. Don't start reading about it, it only makes it worse! Way to go by the way!

Topdecker said:
I did not get an accurate ID, but it remained pretty stable and sounded right. I will say that the quarter is terribly thin / worn and I pulled a nickel from the same hole. But it checked in closer to a dime once the nickle was removed.

To me it seems like TID goes a bit off kilter once you pass 5 or 6 inches - and I don't mind it it. It does a fine job of letting me know it is small and deep with the audio while the horse-shoe confirms the depth.

I've seen this same comment numerous times. So 2 questions for Top and the rest of you.

1) Is there a bias on which way is the ID off? Does it tend to show a higher ID or lower ID for a deep target? Or is that not consistent?

2) How do you guys interpret a A) good tone, B) appropriate and desired ID, but C) ferrous reading on the horseshoe?

Maybe that leads to another question -- what has been your experience in terms of what you hear and/or see (and with what settings for Iron Volume, etc.) when you have a good target and iron adjacent to each other in the hole? What adjustments do you make to help your target identification?

Thanks!
Rich