Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Dragoon button

xwyokid

Don't know if this goes here or not. One of my nephews, (a recently retired police officer) was looking for a hobby a few months ago. I talked him into trying metal detecting and he jumped headfirst into the pool with an Equinox 800. His deceased dad, (my beloved brother) and I detected for many years alone. At this time all the boys had moved out of town to make their living. Thus the late start. Anyway, the nephew was detecting the High Sierras in the Owens Valley of California when he pulled out this beauty. About 6" down with a solid "9" on the display. I would maybe, not be surprised by a Dragoon button East of the Mississippi but...In California?? Anyway, he is stoked and so am I for him.

Attachments

• IMG_1158 (1).jpeg
    IMG_1158 (1).jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 248
  • IMG_1156.jpeg
    IMG_1156.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 229
Your nephew did great on the save of the Dragoon button. She's a real beauty as said, and that's a very nice Save of American History. Tell him Congrat's from me, a relic hunter from Georgia.

Don't know if this goes here or not. One of my nephews, (a recently retired police officer) was looking for a hobby a few months ago. I talked him into trying metal detecting and he jumped headfirst into the pool with an Equinox 800. His deceased dad, (my beloved brother) and I detected for many years alone. At this time all the boys had moved out of town to make their living. Thus the late start. Anyway, the nephew was detecting the High Sierras in the Owens Valley of California when he pulled out this beauty. About 6" down with a solid "9" on the display. I would maybe, not be surprised by a Dragoon button East of the Mississippi but...In California?? Anyway, he is stoked and so am I for him.
Sweet button!

Beautiful and well preserved Dragoon Button!

So glad the beginner didn't over-clean the button...cause its a beaut !!

Outstanding find, CONGRATS to your nephew! I am no expert, but that style of Eagle seems to be pre-civil war.

Dragoons were present out west prior to the civil war so it's not out of context art all. That is a beautiful button and I am still looking for my first D, big congrats! What is the diameter?
HH Jeff
True statement, and who knows if not the case how it did get in California. So many scenarios to that.